MARYVILLE vs HERITAGE

pepvol

i was on the first MARYVILLE team to play HERITAGE , and i can tell you this , throw out the records , the classifications , throw out everything , HERITAGE will give MARYVILLE the very best they've got !!!!!!!!! just like ALCOA & WILLIAM BLOUNT , HERITAGE'S whole season could be a bust , but with a win over MARYVILLE they would consider it a success . MARYVILLE & ALCOA have won all the championships , but anybody from around this area knows the kind of football the county schools are capable of . i've seen HERITAGE & WILLIAM BLOUNT both play to a level that was probably WAY above their head before . as a former player and now a fan of MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL , i must say that all the schools in blount co. have my respect ,and as far as our young men now having the honor of wearing the "RED AND BLACK " they better have respect for HERITAGE & WILLIAM BLOUNT ALSO !! emotions at the high school level play a huge part in the outcome !! if there's not a huge difference in the talent level , it always comes down to one thing ..... WHO WANTS IT THE MOST !! i can assure you , HERITAGE HIGH SCHOOL WANTS TO BEAT MARYVILLE .......VERY BADLY !! we have to match their intensity on the field !! GO REBS !!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pick:

I realistically think that beyond of a shadow of a doubt that Heritage will be hungry and ready to play and sky high and it wouldn't be unheard of for them to sneak up and upset the Rebels, even though, I think most likely the Rebels will have to much skill, power, and tradition so they should control the tempo of this "inner county" matchup ... I lean toward Maryville while at the same time predict that it wouldn't be impossbile for Heritage to win. There's no reason to pick against Maryville, but I think Farragut realized last week that you can't overlook a much better Mountaineer squad. Either way, I think it would be a great win for either team represented.

That's not too ambiguous, is it?

Edited by GovMan

I think Heritage pulled off a good performance with the win over Farragut friday. But does that make them world beaters? I think they will find out that Maryville ain't farragut pretty quick. Since the beginning of 2001 Heritage is 2-20, while Maryville is riding a 28 game winning streak. I never say never but an upset here is pretty far fetched to me. And you can bet coach Q will spend a good part of this week reminding them about the 1999 game.

I also think Heritage will find out that Maryville ain't Farragut pretty quick but this they should know. I will never say never but an upset here is pretty far fetched to me. Of all his quilities Coach Q has a nack at insuring the rebs do not overlook anyone calling to mind the 1999 game. That was the last time any team had thier way with Maryville in my book. This year Maryville is improving every game and I do not think Heritage will score until the 4th Qtr vs 2nd string. My son tells me that all the talk is on Heritage this week, not anything else.