lincoln county gets no respect

latino_steelers10

Granted indeed you did beat Franklin, but I don't know if you "took us out." The game was close and came down to our last drive and LC making a play to seal the victory.

I think LC has received plenty of credit. Credit that they have earned by their play on the field. The Tennessean was simply posing a valid question. I think the answer obviously is LC is that strong. Don't get so worked up...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, FHSrebel. LC beat Riverdale and Franklin by 5 points each, I believe. Both could have gone either way, but I have nothing but respect for the Falcons. Great teams find a way to win over quality opponents, and the Falcons have certainly done that this year. So far. The real test comes during the playoffs, when LC could have to face both Riverdale and Franklin again. They most certainly will have to play quality teams to win state. If they do that, everyone has to respect them.

What is it about teams that have a great year - then their fans feel as though they have to get on here and whine. Please!

Everyone that has played LC has shown their due respect on this board. If the Tennessean see's a different spin - so be it. Just keep doing what you have been doing on the field.

Nothing looses my respect faster than teams who whine about getting no respect!

and if ya'll did ya'lls homework lc has won three state championships so lc has had more than one great year. they have been to the playoffs plenty of years in a row mr. faninthestand. so please!!!!! do your homework before you think this is lc's first great year. it is full of tradition and our stadium is nationally ranked as on of the best places to play high school football.

actually riverdale was given a touchdown. if you look at one of the photos taken in the elk valley times you can plainly see that the riverdale runner fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line. his body is on the 1 and the ball is well into the endzone(it should have been a safety) so it wasnt as close as people think. franklin was a close game but if you were there at the game the franklin runner hit the ground, knees and body all, and he got up and kept runnin. he scored a touchdown after a missed whistle. so the games werent as close as people think cause the refs made bad calls. but refs make mistakes and thats ok cause we still won.

First off, please quit calling people idiots- that's not allowed here.

Second off, faninthestand said nothing about Lincoln County's tradition. One of your own is our head coach. I believe he played a tiny role in one of your state championships.

Third off, I was at the game... the runner was not down. The whistle did not blow. Can't speak for the Riverdale game, but to say the Franklin game wasn't as close people think degrades both Franklin AND Lincoln County.

Guest region4fan

Please don't be a whiney baby Latino. LC is undefeated and most likely will remain that way til play-offs. Everyone that has had the "pleasure" of playing you has given you respect. They are not on here second guessing refs. Please don't make the Falcon Faithful look like they don't deserve respect.

Third off, I was at the game... the runner was not down.

FHSrebel, you are right. When the back was tackled, the defender pulled him down on top of himself. The defender was flat on the ground and your runner was on top of him, so the runner never actually came in contact with the ground. I guess that's the rule.

In reference to the poll in the Tennessean, I read it at 6:00 AM, and quite honestly, their little comment after Lincoln County struck me strange, also. Rather than giving the Falcons credit for the outstanding season they are having, they said, "Are the Falcons that invincible, or is Region 3 5-A that weak." That didn't sound like a genuine compliment to me. I wouldn't have thought so much about it, but after reading the comments after each of the other teams in the top ten, none other had such a comment.

Like others on here, I am very disappointed in the Tennessean's overall coverage of high school football. Many of those Titans fans also attend so high school game on Friday nights. I'd say that collectively speaking, all the high schools have more combined interest than the Titans. I'm not knocking the Titans...just the Tennessean's coverage of high school football.

It seems to me that the Tennessean would be glad to tout the fact that the only two undefeated 5-A teams are from right here in middle TN.

Lastly, I would much rather read the posts on coacht than the mess in the Tennessean. I think many folks on here know much more about high school football than the Tennessean's sportswriters. I think the folks on here from the teams Lincoln County has played have given ample credit and respect for the Falcons.

If the Falcons continue to win like they have, they'll be making new converts every week.

Lincoln County is, and will continue to be, the BEST 5A team I've seen this season until someone beats them... they are so well-balanced, it's scary... that Franklin was able to hang in there and have a chance to beat them speaks volumes for the Rebels... but the Falcons have only gotten stronger... I don't see anyone other than Dobyns-Bennett standing in their path to Murfreesboro...