Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pondering this for the last couple of hours... How many situations like this go un-noticed? In today's society, separation-and divorce for that matter- is almost is common as marriage... So I don't find this out of the ordinary at all. I know there are other kids out there in violation as well. Now I am not saying to inspect every player for every school or anything like that. But I am saying that if we are going to respect the TSSAA bylaws, the TSSAA needs to be more effective about noticing them.

And may I add before competion begins.

Great post squoshwave17!!!

The TSSAA rules are very stringent about "living with this parent/grandparent rule unless you have a "corresponding change of address". Get the TSSAA's OK ON TAPE before you do anything

Address was not the issue. He had that. It is the divorce/seperation clause that is unclear. Again look at the by-laws and see who has the authority.

Authority was given..and naturally we played the kid. The TSSAA is the one in question. And as I stated before an appeal has been made and lawyers have been contacted.

Guest region4fan

I still say that the TSSAA should have investigated things further if there was any question about the divorce issue. McGavock had to be informed about the request for eligibilty. Why didn't MCGavock question this when they had the chance. Gee, I already know the answer , don't I?

Here are some quotes from Shipley in the News Examiner.

"It was sweet, winning like this," said Shipley, who caught two passes on the night. The former quarterback has caught four in two weeks. "I like the transition from quarterback to reciever." "The only talking (McGavock) did was friendly. We're all friends."

Examiner section B, Mon. Oct.13 2003 page 2

Maybe someone didn't tell Dorris Armstrong that "we're all friends".