My Mr. Football Ballots....

DelTavian

Earnest Williams is a good back but he will deffinetly not win Mr. Football. I would have to put my money on Milan's Rod Smith. He plays both sides of the ball well and if you ask his coaches they say that he is better on defense and that is pretty hard to believe considering he is one of the best backs to ever come through west tennessee!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Gregory for Ooltewah would be an excellent choice for punter. Are those votes seperate from kicker? If so, this is your man. His average is around 40, but only because of about 3 or 4 blocks. His long this is 75 yds...no that is not a typo. With the game on the line, standing inside his endzone, he kicked the snot out of a ball that sailed to the opponent's 30 and then proceeded to bounce inside the 20 where it was downed.

This guy is the real deal as far as punting. He needs to work on his kicking tho--kickoffs routinely land inside the 5, but his field goal kicking has been shaky. However, PAT's are just about automatic.

5A btw.

Edited by OldSkoolBalla

the best back i single A is joseph ruddle. he has over 1700 total yards and 27 total td's. 17 rushing and 10 passing. and the reason that he is so good is because he has the bast tackle-guard combination in the state. avery laster and adam harris. they are both really good football players and both could easily be up for mr football lineman.

CHS4LIFE I would,nt give up on Wooden, sometimes good teams make great players look bad. I saw Ron Cook and Matt Peardon play against each other earlier in the season and they both looked quite average. Both of these guys are great players and have put up great numbers against most people. Its real hard to do these things against top notch defences. I will still go with the Byrd man, can beat you on offence ,defence or special teams. He has over 2000 all purpose yards ,done all this in 18 quarters, or 4 1/2 games. His average yards per carry has to be over 15. Only returned 4 punts ,all for touchdowns. Dakota Benfield has to be one of the top 1a backs in the state as well,he and Byrd have played about the same amount of time this season, Both are great on defence. Neither one of these guys hav ever missed a day of practice in their fouf years,both started as freshmen. Dane Chrismam should get the lineman award,finished second last season behind Willis of Bruceton, better numbers than last season,he has had to ride the pine in several games, had 14 tackles last week in the first half,had to bench him because of the score. Alot of people are misinformed about Cloudland, they think we have tried to run the score up on people. Nearly all of our point have been in the first half of our games, our jvs have probably had more playing time than any other team in the state.

Wow there are no lineman or kickers on here. There really aren't anystand out likes there were last year in these catagories. John Vaughn, Scott Wells, Richard Freeman, and so on were some standouts in those position in recent years. I am completely biased though towards middle tennessee teams consider thats what I know. Nick Forte for Brentwood Academy would be a good choice for Mr. Football. He is 6'2" 275 runs a 5.4 benches 385 and is very light on his feet. Plus he is very smart on the field. As for kickers I just can't think of any there aren't that many even average kickers in the mid-state.

E. williams is a great back! Going to add Jason towater to the last of backs in 3a

He's a Qb here's his stats thur 9 games- 900 rushing yards 7 tds 9 yard avg.

46-71 600 yards 9 tds 2 ints also plays db 4 ints. ok thats 1500 total yards and 16 tds thats about how many Earnest wiliams has. Good luck to both backs!

my choices for 4A

Back Cassen Jackson Central

He is this year what Carl Stewart was last year. A fine young man and good student who has committed to Vanderbilt.

Lineman Walter Fisher Jr Hillsboro

I saw him play as a sophomore and felt he could already be playing in college. Missed last year due to academics but I am sure is awesome again this year. Hope his grades stay up so he can go to D1 which is most definitely where he belongs.

Ernest only played the first half in three of his eight games, too. and they say he's the best back they've seen all year.

I played against him last year and he was almost as good as Mario Davis. But this year Crockett is going all the way and he is the mr. football. If Davis had a line, i think he would be in this category.