BA vs. MBA

itzme

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I did watch it on TV and I taped it. I played the tape back right after the game. I played it several times in slow motion. I know it doesn't matter when the ball was kicked, but when it was snapped. In slow motion, you can clearly see the center's arm and the clock insert. The clock was showing 00:00 BEFORE the center's arm moved. It did NOT show tenths, but it seemed like more than .9 sec between the time the clock showed 00:00 and the time the center's arm moved.

All that said, both teams started a new game with each having the ball at the 10 yd line. BA scored. MBA didn't.

All this earlier talk about Trinity being over rated comes back to mind. If MBA was truly the 9th best team in the nation, they should score easily from the 10 yd line on an unranked opponent. So much for newspaper rankings...national or state.

Champions do it on the field!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one great football game. Congratulations to both teams. What a classic.

Observations:

Watch the tape. Why does the line judge walk toward the line of scrimmage just as BA is getting lined up. That never happens. It would seem HE thought the game was over.

From what I understand, the TSSAA is looking into the game and the officiating team. I have not seen the Comcast game but from neutral observers(those who did not have a dog in the fight) said there was no question. Game over.

Officials are not supposed to run around like headless chickens trying to get the ball down. They defininitely choked.

The officials apparently also blew the "catch" in the end zone. (This come out of people in the end zone-BA fans)

At any rate-these things happen. Officials screw up all the time, HS, college, and the NFL. And, MBA could have burned ten more seconds off the clock on third down before callin g time out. Officials whistle blew with 1:05 on clock and MBA called time out with 50 seconds left. But then again, BA might just kick on first down...

I'm sorry the officials blew it but this is a game that will be cussed and discussed for 50 years. Congratulations to all who participated. It's what HS football is all about.

NEWS FLASH! The officals never blew the game, your kicker did. If MBA was the better team they would of won in overtime. Grow up and get over it. MBA may not be the best team in Tennessee, but you still have a very good team. Don't ruin that by becoming known as "sore-losers".

Edited by WaCoJaCo

First and foremost, MBA had the game won, they made the mistake by snapping the ball over the punter's head. Second if you watch the tape slowly, there were 7 men on the line of scrimmage, and there were 12 seconds to get the snap off. While it was close they did get the snap off. What everyone is seeing is Comcast's clock, not the official scoreboard clock which has the tenths of the seconds on it. Regardless of all that MBA had a chance to score and win the ball game. They couldn't do it. Everyone is taking away from the fact that BA kids played hard and MBA did not by any stretch come out and blow them away like they thought. BA kids played with heart and deserve the win.

Now, everyone needs to get on and BA has business to take care of at Christian Brothers. When BA lost to Christian Brothers previously in the year they didn't make excuses for the loss. They said they lost and went on. MBA needs to do the same.

Edited by jjmom

Just watched the film-replayed five times. Officials gave ONE FULL ADDITIONAL SECOND for the kick. No question about it. Watched with people with NO love for MBA. All agreed.

Now I'll quit bashing the officials(who clearly deserve it) and talk about the great game each team played.

Everyone needs to go out and support your HS team the next three weeks. It's gonna be great!

Would someone please tell me again that it doesn't matter when the ball was kicked, only when it was snapped, because I didn't know that. I was talking about when the ball was snapped, and by my account, and the account of every other person I have talked to agrees that it appeared to be much more than one second that ran off before the ball was SNAPPED. Even with the extra .9 seconds, BA did not appear to get the snap off, I admit it was close, but it was the referees job to be watching the clock and make the right call. I'm not a fan of either team, just a neutral observer who thinks that MBA got robbed on that call. But bottom line, BA did what they had to to be in the game at the end to have a chance to tie it up, MBA didn't put them away, with clock management, defense, or special teams. It's hard to make excuses for them not coming out in OT and playing well or at least getting the field goal to keep the game going, but they did get robbed at the end of the game.