Riverdale at Lincoln Co

kccc

This one is going to be really hard to pick. I've seen Lincoln Co in one game and they were great but since it was not a close game I didn't get to see the starters in the second half or see them challenged really hard. But based on seeing them - I'd pick LC.

Based on common opponents:

Smyrna - Riverdale wins 20-7 LC wins 29-22: I'd pick RIVERDALE

Oakland - Riverdale wins 21-7 LC wins (in the last game) 19-6: Toss-up

Cookeville - Riverdale wins 28-10 LC wins 41-7: Pick LINCOLN CO.

Franklin Co - Riverdale wins 45-0 LC wins 41-0: Toss-up

Blackman - Riverdale wins 44-7 LC wins 51-0: Pick LINCOLN CO.

Based on really good opponents and great opponents:

Riverdale has beat really good teams CPA, Lebanon, Oakland, Cookeville, Franklin Co (5) and great team Smyrna (1) but lost to Dickson Co (-1).

LC has beat really good teams of Cookeville, Franklin Co, Oakland, Oakland (4) great teams Smyrna, Franklin, Riverdale (3). Based on how they have fared against really good teams and great teams I'd pick LINCOLN CO.

Home field advantage - Pick LINCOLN CO.

Consistency - Pick LINCOLN CO.

In the "how have you done lately" category - Pick: RIVERDALE

Based on the first game: LINCOLN CO.

Finally, Heads LINCOLN CO - tails RIVERDALE

Based on my scientific analysis (and mostly the coin toss) : I'd pick: LINCOLN CO.

Edited by jcm

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel absolutely horrible now, i guess i am goin to this game regardless of whether i want to or not so i can make it up to you guys. falcon you just name the place and time as far as restaurants go and i will treat everyone of your crew to some dinner, whether it be at the barn or at the pit, i now really want to meet you guys, but i feel the best place to do that would be to meet somewhere outside the pit

O2001, if you fed our crew, you'd be washing dishes at the restaurant all night and miss the meal. :lol: That's ok, we don't hold grudges. We had the party without you, although we did hate not getting to meet you. You had a whole section anxiously awaiting your arrival.

Don't know what eveyone's schedule will be, so check your email & we'll figure it out later in the week.

This one is going to be really hard to pick.

Finally, Heads LINCOLN CO - tails RIVERDALE

Based on my scientific analysis (and mostly the coin toss : I'd pick: LINCOLN CO.

That's about as good a way as any to pick this game. The way I see it....

LC puts 11 better athletes on the field, but Riverdale has more of 'em. Depth advantage definitely goes to R'dale.

LC has more experienced senior players, but Riverdale has grown up a BUNCH since their first meeting.

Motivation favors Riverdale because of the revenge factor. The second Oakland game showed me that it's hard to get the Falcons up for a team they've already beaten. That favors Riverdale.

Home field advantage goes to Lincoln County.

I think the game will depend on field position, turnovers, and penalties. If LC can win the battle of field position and hold penalties to a minimun, and not fumble the ball away, they will win.

If Riverdale plays error free and gets just a few breaks, they can win.

It won't be a blow out either way...now, that's profound.

Who has the most team speed?

Rivedale may get the nod here, BUT Lincoln County has more speed that many realize.

Example 1. In the game with Franklin, Edmiston threw an interception to one of Franklin's fleet DBs. Who saved it from being a touchdown....Edmiston ran that kid down from behind.

Example 2. In the first game with Riverdale, LC's Josh Gregory broke a long run for a TD. Riverdale's DBs were right beside him but couldn't catch him for about 60 or so yds.

Example 3. In the game last Friday night, LC completed two passes that went for TDs. In both cases the Smyrna DBs couldn't catch the LC receiver in a foot race the length of the field.

Example 4. I've lost count of the times that big #74, Theo Horrocks, has run backs down in the backfield before the play got started. And LC's #29, J. Kelso, is all over the field...GREAT lateral pursuit.

Example 5. All season, LC's defensive secondary, especially the corners, have been all over everyone's receivers.

So, back to the original question or who has more team speed, Riverdale may get the nod, slightly, but LC has enough team speed to hold their own.

Either team will represent these two regions quite well henceforth.

Edited by inot2bad

Rebel, I know you're going to be watching your faithful work on hendersonville, but you're going to regret missing this game! It's going to be a really good game with both sides giving everything they have. I'm going to have to stick with my LC Falcons. The Edminston factor will be the difference yet again cause I see both teams playing on even terms with about the same amount of penalties/turnovers.