Riverdale at Lincoln Co

kccc

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale-21

Lincoln County-10

haha i love the time of the year right when its getting close to Christmas. Thats my random thought of the day. B)

hey demonchile i dont appreciate you picking that avatar pic i use to be able to just scroll down and start reading after i saw that skull, but noooo now someone eles has to choose the same pic. Just playing. :lol:

Edited by shady04

Go Warriors!!!!

It's game day!!!

Should be a great game tonight. In games like this I always prefer to have the team that is loaded with seniors but that is not the hand we were dealt. We'll just have to do it with what we've got. We've come a long way since September but I'm sure LC has too.

At the end of the night one pretty good team will move forward, hopefully to win it all, and another pretty good team will start preparing for next season. That's just the way it is. May the winner win with class, and the loser hold their head high after leaving it all on the field.

Picking this game is no easier on Friday than it was on Monday. LC has been the model of consistency, Riverdale has played some great football down the stretch. LC took the first game but that was long ago. The Falcons got out with an early 14-0 lead after the interception and blocked punt. The teams played pretty close the rest of the game. LC has the seniors, size, and strength. Riverdale has the depth, speed, and swagger. The Pit will be a factor but the venue won't determine the winner. The two teams are not very similar but are pretty evenly matched. Mistakes, defense, and special teams decide most games that are played at a championship level. This one will be no different.

Riverdale 26

Lincoln County 21

May everyone play like champions. Let's get through this one healthy. The winner has two more game to play.

Go Warriors!!!!

It's game day!!!

Should be a great game tonight. In games like this I always prefer to have the team that is loaded with seniors but that is not the hand we were dealt. We'll just have to do it with what we've got. We've come a long way since September but I'm sure LC has too.

At the end of the night one pretty good team will move forward, hopefully to win it all, and another pretty good team will start preparing for next season. That's just the way it is. May the winner win with class, and the loser hold their head high after leaving it all on the field.

Picking this game is no easier on Friday than it was on Monday. LC has been the model of consistency, Riverdale has played some great football down the stretch. LC took the first game but that was long ago. The Falcons got out with an early 14-0 lead after the interception and blocked punt. The teams played pretty close the rest of the game. LC has the seniors, size, and strength. Riverdale has the depth, speed, and swagger. The Pit will be a factor but the venue won't determine the winner. The two teams are not very similar but are pretty evenly matched. Mistakes, defense, and special teams decide most games that are played at a championship level. This one will be no different.

Riverdale 26

Lincoln County 21

May everyone play like champions. Let's get through this one healthy. The winner has two more game to play.

TDCman....very nice post, classy. I agree that in games like this I would prefer to have the seniors. Look at most state championship teams...they are loaded with seniors.

You acknowledge another very good point. Riverdale has improved since the first meeting between these two. And then you mention something that many folks don't seem to realize....SO HAS LC.

I agree also that mistakes will determine the winner of this game. The two teams are closely enough matched that neither can afford to "GIVE" much to the other.

Where I disagree with you is in the venue making the difference. Playing at home has to be worth something for the Falcons. Playing at home with a senior ball club will make the difference, barring killer mistakes.

There will be no "loser" when this game is over. Unfortunately, one team will be behind when the clock runs out.

May they both play their best game tonight.