Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't say that D-II AAA is better than 5A based on an occaisonal game. Let's look at the two games you mentioned. Brentwood-BA was at the begining of the season last year, week 0. Brentwood improved dramatically from that point on and if I was a betting man, Brentwood would have won had the game been in week 6 or 7. This year, Germantown played their worst game of the year vs CBHS. One game isn't always indicative of a team (ie OU vs K St) and certainly not indicative of an entire classification.

You have to win it on the field, ain't no other way.

As you so often like to point out WaCo, since the current system doesn't allow these teams to play each other, it's all about opinion. The only thing you can't stand is that we have ratings from uinbiased sources that lead us to ours. All you have is your biased opinion against D2 schools. Both are opinions. Whose is logically more valid?NEXT

Obviously you read about the Germantown game, and were not in attendance. Germantown's only two scores came off a CBHS fumble on its own 5 with a minute left in the half and a field goal that was set up by a missed attempt and a roughing the kicker call. Germantown was never even close in the game. The score, as you correctly stated, was not indicative of the team. We made Germantown look a lot better than they really were. That score could have been handily worse given a couple of eliminated mistakes ON THE PART OF CBHS.

I watched the CBHS/Germantown game, which was week 4 of the season. I then watched Germantown play a few games later in the year and went to the CBHS/Brentwood Academy playoff game.

I can say that without a doubt Germantown was a much better team later in the year than they were in Week 4. Remember they lost 28 seniors from 2002 and had a QB who had not played QB before.

I do not want to take anything away from CBHS, but I do not think you can say that because a team beats another team early in the year that by the end of the season they must be a better team.

For example, look at the Riverdale/Lincoln County and MBA/Brentwood Academy or CBHS/BA. They all played each otehr in the regular season and the playoffs and there were different outcomes each time.

With that said, I think Germantown should be rated higher than CBHS in the final poll.

You can't say that D-II AAA is better than 5A based on an occaisonal game. Let's look at the two games you mentioned. Brentwood-BA was at the begining of the season last year, week 0. Brentwood improved dramatically from that point on and if I was a betting man, Brentwood would have won had the game been in week 6 or 7. This year, Germantown played their worst game of the year vs CBHS. One game isn't always indicative of a team (ie OU vs K St) and certainly not indicative of an entire classification.

You really are too funny. It's like discussing something with a fencepost. If we are not to base our opinions on actual games that actually took place, what should we base them on?

I'm sure all the 5A teams play their worst games of the year against the DII teams...time, after time, after time, after......

WaCoJaCo:

You say "There really is no logic in the example you gave about the DII teams beating Germantown & Brentwood in reg. season. And this meaning DII is better than DI."

What logic would you use, other than actual head-to-head games? Check the history. The winning % is dominant.