Who are the best High School Girls Players

LBQuarterbackClub

Here are some more names from that 1977-80 championship teams. From Pickett Co.

Annette Storie

Debbie Crabtree

Mitzi Rich

Rebecca Rains

Vanessa Brown

Perri Lynn Huckeby

Debbie Huddleston

Dorris "Doe" Garrett

This team was probably the best team there has ever been in single A girls basketball. I don't think that their record of four state single A championships will ever be broken.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Some nights Sanders scored 17 points in the 1st quarter. Her coach was not indignent and run the score up.To average whatever she averaged and play very little in unmeaningful games is a testiment to her, and her coach ,and the program at Gleason High.When the marbles were on the line pencil her in to do whatever was needed.Her defense was brilliant.Defense is so overlooked by so many people.One night her teammate had a wreck the night prior to the game so Kara tried to carry the team with 31 points with one heck of an effort.Unselfish team ball.The key to success.Kara was a team player.The only players in 12 years of state tournament in Karas league are Brooke Armistead, and Ashley Mac(awesome)and Michelle Street. Before everyone from 7AA starts bashing me I'm talking about single A.

Shotmaker, me think thou doest protest too much! Maybe the being related or at least connected to Kara Sanders jab hit too close to home. I'm really not sure why you're so upset; Arnwine didn't "degrade" her in his post, he said he thought she was a very good high school player he just didn't think she was in the same class as those that he posted. To generally go after east Tennessee in retaliation isn't really taking the high road now is it.

You asked if any of his posts were nominated for Miss Basketball? Are you kidding! Jennifer Azzi was college basketball for a couple of years at Stanford, and you think that being nominated for Miss Basketball in Tennessee class A high school twice gives her a trump on that.

I hear all the time parents and fans talk about where this girl and that girl will end up playing in college, and most have no idea what a huge jump it is from high school to D1 college in all sports.

All the players listed in this thread are I'm sure outstanding high school players but the true test is what they did when they went to the next level. That is why I think Arnwine is all over this one.

I think Shelbyville has had a couple of good ones over the years. Maybe I wasn't supposed to mention the elephant in the corner, but I didn't get the memo that we were supposed to exclude the most storied team in the Southeast. Hey, I'm no fan of theirs, I actually get almost giddy when they lose, but Steinbr.. I mean, Insell has recruited some good players together over the years. Go Lady Raiders!

Everyone is overlooking one player that dominated in her four years. Here is a list of her accomplishments and rank in state records:

Career FG % .590 #1

FG att 2587 #1

FG made 1532 #1

FT att 858 #1

FT made 500 #1

Points scored 3594 #3

Rebounds 1720 #1

Nikki McCray from Collierville 1986-1990, she also won a few games at Tennessee too.

Edited by hoop20

Morristown West doesn't really put out all that many players but I have heard of a few GREAT ONES. Janey Rouse, let me tell you, this girl is AMAZING to watch. The heart and dedication that she brings onto the court changes the whole team's perspective of the game. She is a senior this year, and to watch her is seriously worth the time. Watching her gives me goosebumps. She is truly the best mental player I have watched in a long time.

I think Shelbyville has had a couple of good ones over the years. Maybe I wasn't supposed to mention the elephant in the corner, but I didn't get the memo that we were supposed to exclude the most storied team in the Southeast. Hey, I'm no fan of theirs, I actually get almost giddy when they lose, but Steinbr.. I mean, Insell has recruited some good players together over the years. Go Lady Raiders!

Success recruits, Insell coaches.