Michael Mott hits 10 threes in a game......

chill

Michael Mott hit 10 3's yesterday against University High(A final four last season) to break the school record for 3's in a single game. He finished with 34 points on 10 of 13 shooting from behind the arc. AC ended up winning by around 30 points. He also won KnoxNews Sentinel's Prepxtra 3 pt award last season as a sophomore by shooting nearly 45% from three. He is near the top in that category again, and he will more than likely jump to the top after this incredible performance. For whatever reason UH kept helping off of him or losing him in transition because at least 3/4ths of these were uncontested.......are there any other kids out there that have hit 10 3's in a game this season.............Great job Michael......

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I've heard of.

Matt Day from Rutledge broke the Rutledge record by hitting 9 threes against Gibbs a few weeks ago before Christmas. He really had a chance to shatter the record at West Greene where he had 6 in just over a quarter and a half in an 87-45 rout.

Allen Dewyse from Pigeon Forge hit a school record 8 a week or two ago from what I read.

These guys, including Mott, are capable of filling it up from deep on any given night.

OUTSTANDING!! I can't believe I didn't go to the game, but house cleaning ran a little long on Saturday. You know what they say, If mama ain't happy....

Congratulations to Michael, he is such a great kid, on the court, in the classroom, and anywhere he goes. I have to say at the Clinton game, after getting a shot blocked, right in front of the Clinton student section, he was really taunted by students and players, and he never changed his facial expression, and just walked away! What a class act.

Congrats Mott. If anyone deserves it, he does. It's already been said, but it's worth repeating, he is a class act in all he does. One of the best young men I've ever been around. I'm so proud of him. He spends so much extra time trying to improve himself in all aspects, that the average person wouldn't, but that's why he is better than average. Again, congrats Michael.

Well done MOTT!

What most people don't realize is that Michael's dad was a great bballer and the best defensive player LA ever produced. He was called the human sweater, but I don't know if that was because of his defense.

Seriously, Michael is a work machine, in a great program with Eldridge and Wallace.

well done.