Evaluation: Where are we now...

CoachT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey coacht, My questions now are

1. How many classes will be decided by the TSSAA? 3, 4, or 5( I think not likely)?

2. When will they determine enrollment figures and where will the cutoffs be?

Those are the burning questions in my mind about this deal.

wardog...

There will be three classes that split to five for the playoffs or it will remain as is with five classes. No teams are going to DII so the number of schools in DI will increase, not decrease. There are only two plans now being considered:

1. V-Plan: Three classes for all major sports with football splitting into five classes just for the playoffs. 16 Region winners and runner-ups with 16 wild card teams.

2. Status Quo - five classes with the same playoff system.

COACHT... Boyd will win the AA Blue Cross Bowl next year!

No one really knows if the DI privates will be able to compete in 2A and 3A until 2005. The question of being competitive also not just a matter of football but also includes basketball, baseball, track, golf, etc. I think that these schools will have more difficulty competing in the sports that are split into three classes (basketball, Baseball, etc.) than in football.

CPA, FRA, DCA, etc. might - notice I said "might" - choose to go to DII which would be a whole different dynamic. My personal opinion is that these schools will either stay in DI or go to DII as a group.

The bigger question is "will robjim and bighurt continue as a football stat team after this year?" :justwrestle:

Hey coacht, My questions now are

1. How many classes will be decided by the TSSAA? 3, 4, or 5( I think not likely)?

2. When will they determine enrollment figures and where will the cutoffs be?

Those are  the burning questions in my mind about this deal.

wardog...

COACHT... Boyd will win the AA Blue Cross Bowl next year!

Wow! I bet Coach Akins at BBS would love to know what you know! The Bucs will have to replace nine seniors that made great contributions to their football success the last two years. All four defensive linemen, one of their inside linebackers and the free safety will all have to be replaced. I know there are excellent players waiting in the wings, but replacing six defenders that are at least two-year starters will be tough. (Most of these guys also made major contributions on offense and special teams as well!)

If I'm not wrong, wouldn't the alphabet league remain intact as it moves up?

Or will they do like they did in 1a and combine the privates from 5-1a with the schools from the Lipscomb , Goodpasture division for a super region and keep alive the possibility of some deserving not making the playoffs.

The best 2a teams are teams like alcoa, tyner, and huntingdon.

Outside of those three, CPA, DCA, Ezell, Boyd could handle any team from 2a.

The ABC league will be playing teams like East Rob. Westmoreland, Houston Co. etc.

Most of those teams lost to a 5-1a team last year.

So in a nutshell, yes they'll be competitive.

My gripe isn't the muliplier, my gripe is the public supporters that feel like they've already won a state championship by getting the multiplier enforced and now are hiding behind 2a schools and talking like they've actually beaten the privates themselves.

Being competitive is a sometimes a choice made by a school be they private or public. During the past several years I have observed many public schools that appear to have a good talent base but for some reason this is not reflected on the field or diamond or court. The same thing could be said with some privates. Some schools make a choice to strive for excellence, some go through the motions and this reflects in their success. Is it leadership, is it a reflection of the schools adminstration, is it the athletes themselves being satisfied with mediocrity? I do not think that legislating a so called level playing field will change teams success or lack there of. Teams dedicated to success will make the adjustment and be competitive. Teams that are complaisant and satisfied with mediocrity will continue to fail. Many of the teams that have cried foul have no business complaining at all because they are the ones to blame for their lack of success.

Being competitive is a sometimes a choice made by a school be they private or public. During the past several years I have observed many public schools that appear to have a good talent base but for some reason this is not reflected on the field or diamond or court. The same thing could be said with some privates. Some schools make a choice to strive for excellence, some go through the motions and this reflects in their success. Is it leadership, is it a reflection of the schools adminstration, is it the athletes themselves being satisfied with mediocrity? I do not think that legislating a so called level playing field will change teams success or lack there of. Teams dedicated to success will make the adjustment and be competitive. Teams that are complaisant and satisfied with mediocrity will continue to fail. Many of the teams that have cried foul have no business complaining at all because they are the ones to blame for their lack of success.

Great Post!!!! We (public schools) need more attitudes like this!

Excellent points std. Nice post.

No one really knows if the DI privates will be able to compete in 2A and 3A until 2005. The question of being competitive also not just a matter of football but also includes basketball, baseball, track, golf, etc. I think that these schools will have more difficulty competing in the sports that are split into three classes (basketball, Baseball, etc.) than in football.

CPA, FRA, DCA, etc. might - notice I said "might" - choose to go to DII which would be a whole different dynamic. My personal opinion is that these schools will either stay in DI or go to DII as a group.

The bigger question is "will robjim and bighurt continue as a football stat team after this year?" B)

I think Mrs Bighurt will have more to say in the upcoming months on this subject.

ELA,

I was in Louisville this weekend and heard talk of football being only four classes now with the multiplier, especially if all the privates that are talking about moving over to DII go. That was why my question about classification was brought up. The only scenario wher we would have three classes and then split to five is the Virginia Plan. That is the way I understood it in December at the championship games. I guess what I am wondering is where the cutoffs will fall and will we still have five classesC Only time will answer those questions.