DII State Tournament

Ash56

BA's to win now. Good luck Eagles.

Finally, a little support from Rebel!!

I'm glad to hear BGA was eliminated, though they were a good team and I wanted BA to get a third shot at revenge. Still, the Eagles will have their hands more than occupied with Bishop Byrne, and either CBHS or Briarcrest if they make the finals. Should be a fun ending to the tourney!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont give the title to BA so fast. you know they do have to play two more games. and they do have to play Bishop Byrne which is a team that was ranked higher than them in the last AP poll. also you have to give some respect to briarcrest and cbhs because probably some of the reason why their opponents shot so terribly was because of their defense.

dont give the title to BA so fast.  you know they do have to play two more games.  and they do have to play Bishop Byrne which is a team that was ranked higher than them in the last AP poll.  also you have to give some respect to briarcrest and cbhs because probably some of the reason why their opponents shot so terribly was because of their defense.

The AP polls mean about as much to high school basketball as Calculus classes to an Electronic Media major; still, I completely agree that Bishop Byrne is a very tough opponent. The Eagles better bring their best basketball tomorrow. GO BA!!

Edited by WesVols

dont give the title to BA so fast. you know they do have to play two more games. and they do have to play Bishop Byrne which is a team that was ranked higher than them in the last AP poll. also you have to give some respect to briarcrest and cbhs because probably some of the reason why their opponents shot so terribly was because of their defense.

Byrne is tough. The three teams left are all very good. I don't think you can rule anyone out.

Except, of course, BGA, FrankL!

Very good point FrankL about BA vs BCS.

I saw the last BCS vs. BA game...it was a three point game with under a minute left, and I think BCS lost by 5. I'd say BCS would have still have a chance, esp when you consider it was at BA. Oherr didn't have his best game, in fact during the tip off Brandon Wright ACCIDENTLY elbowed him in the head coming down from the tip. Oherr was staggered to the bench and did not start playing well to the second half...he was visibily shaken from it. Oherr is one of the best football players in the state, and rumors have circulated that LSU, UT, NCSU, OSU, and Ole Miss have already offered full scholarships to him.

BCS beat CBHS at CBHS and CBHS returned the favor...BUT BCS was without their PG for that game who had an ankle injury...

Bishop Byrne matches up well with BA because BA is so weak at the guard position. Byrne also will play a zone, whether it be a 2-3 or a 1-3-1 in hopes of guarding B. Wright that way. They definitely can't go man to man against him, which is some thing that many teams do all year, then refuse to change their ideas when they go against BA. Byrne should try and go to a full court zone, in hopes of getting it out of Brandon Wrights hands and forcing turnovers. In a half court set, Brandon Wright is unstoppable.

Good luck to all teams still involved, I'll be making the journey down to Lipscomb this afternoon.

i wouldn't try that on here, cause BA still dosen't understand that is the reason that shot bad the first 2 games vs. BGA. They thought that they just had two off nights for no reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see Christian Brothers beat BA because of their defense and their ability to shoot. But i can't see Briarcrest beating them beacuse their offense evolves around Michael Oherr, and Brandon Wright would be able to block everyone of his shots.

Thats what most people say about Briarcrest however it is not quite accurate. Thats what Harding said befoure the reigon tournament. They set up their defensive game around Mike and lost by the biggest margin againt Briarcrest this year. "Big Mike" is a great player, but he is not the only great player. Briarcrest has some great shooters on the team. However I also know that this season Harding does not compare to any of the teams at state so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by bcs72