BA 2004

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AintSkeerd is not Griggs, I used to think so also but trust me it's not him.

Just a general update on some topics we've talked about a lot over the summer:

Philip Masters has taken over the extra point/short-midrange field goal duties, he was 6/6 on xp's vs. Oakland. Baker is doing the punting and kickoffs.

Brad is taking almost all the snaps at QB and is doing pretty well.

Parker is lost for the season with an acl, and Nick Forte is out indefinitly with mono-pray for a speedy recovery for him.

The four games that count in the region standing for BA this year are Christian Brothers, McCallie, Baylor and Father Ryan - so this weeks game vs. CBHS is huge in terms of playoff positioning.

Also.......there is a JV game vs. Beech this Monday @ BA at 6pm.

• 1 month later...

It's back!!! I thought this had been sucked into a CoachT black hole,

Obviously the biggest surprise this year has been losing the first two region games. Another was losing Parker for the year supposedly and finding out he'll return.

If B.A. Always is still around I will have to give him credit and say he was correct about Griffin being the better QB for the team. Brad did a fine job but the team has played much better with Griffin at QB, if Tyler plays a good game vs. MUS than I think he will solidify himself as the starter for the rest of the year.

Obviously things haven't gone as well as BA would've hoped but there is still plenty of time to make up for it, it is a wide open 6-team race for the title. MBA has emerged as the favorite but BA, CBHS, McCallie, Baylor and MUS certainly aren't out of it.

i still say that if BA doesnt take home a gold ball this year, that Carlton Flatt, the winningest coach in TN history hang up his whistle and enjoy being athletic director. thoughts?

825370429[/snapback]

Kind of doubt it. I don't think Coach Brothers' contract is up at JPII yet, is it? :lol:

It's back!!! I thought this had been sucked into a CoachT black hole,

Obviously the biggest surprise this year has been losing the first two region games. Another was losing Parker for the year supposedly and finding out he'll return.

If B.A. Always is still around I will have to give him credit and say he was correct about Griffin being the better QB for the team. Brad did a fine job but the team has played much better with Griffin at QB, if Tyler plays a good game vs. MUS than I think he will solidify himself as the starter for the rest of the year.

Obviously things haven't gone as well as BA would've hoped but there is still plenty of time to make up for it, it is a wide open 6-team race for the title. MBA has emerged as the favorite but BA, CBHS, McCallie, Baylor and MUS certainly aren't out of it.

825370391[/snapback]

Any thoughts on the eagles trip to memphis to take on MUS this week?

825371676[/snapback]

The Eagles are clear underdogs in this one. They did show a spark of emotion and enthusiasm in last week's game, so I am hopeful they will play with some emotion and fire tomorrow. If they do...they win. If they show up like they did against CBHS and McCallie, they lose by a lot.

Is this the beginning of the rest of the season or a continuation of what has happened so far? We'll know more late tomorrow night. Time to live up to the talent and potential guys!

BA and MUS has a rich history and is one of the better out-of-town rivalry games. History does show the occasional "large margin" victory, but I expect this game to be close. The two schools have possessed simliar styles of play for years, so therefore, each will be well prepared.

While I don't think this game counts in the divisional standings, I anticipate both teams approaching like it does. It will be physical and make for a good high school football game.