Blount County Football Schedules

mhs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville may not have got the Gold Football last season but they have 7 of them already. They have a good shot of getting #8 this year.

When DRGonzo,avidfan,newman bash Maryville that means Maryville must have put too many whippings on their team.

Maryville Football

39 Blount County Championships

7 State Titles 1970,1976,1978,1998,2000,2001 and 2002

3 Runner Ups 1977,1979 and 1997

19 Region Championships

WOW Rebelron the days at Merryville sure are long when footballs are not in the air.Maryville sheep gazing around the field counting titles and blinded by the light of gold balls daily polished by the sheep.What a life!For the rest of use whipped pups I don't how we will go on living by all the whippings Merryville gives.

I really never did get my question answered for sure. But here is a new twist. My nephew got back from camp this week at Furman and says they have scrimmages

Aug 6th, Aug 13th, Aug 19th, the jamboree is the 20th and they play at Carter the 21st. Like i said i never really got an answer and like many threads this one became a whizzing match and the actual subject got overlooked. Since my nephew just spent four days with the coaching staff and i am going to assume he is right for now, unless someone on here really does know better.

MHS,

If your nephew is correct, I think it will go down pretty much the same way it did last season, won't it? Didn't Maryville play jamboree on Friday night and then play Carter the following day? I could be mistaken, but I believe that is how it played out last year.

I don't understand what the big fuss is all about from all these folks. If these people think Jerry Thompson has the kind of "power" to get the jamboree date changed, they must be smoking something. Now Jimmy Campbell ... maybe; but not Jerry. B)<_<:(

Just exactly who do you think runs and organizes the Jamboree, GovMan?

Good ol' Maryville...where the men are men and the sheep are nerrrrrrrrrrvous.

The jamboree is at Heritage this year. And Maryville runs and organizes it? A few years back Maryville's field was not quite ready and it was their year to host the jamboree. The team that was suppose to host it the next year, was asked to swap with them so the field could have time to get into shape. They were turned down and the jamboree went on as scheduled at Maryville. That seems to shoot a few holes in your conspiracy theory. Quit being so paranoid and try keeping your mouth shut and let people think you "might" be ignorant instead of opening it and removing all doubt.

murville fans just dont know when to quit...for crying out loud who really cares!!!

You know I usually stay out of these BS type squabbles but I have to make a point here. Go back to the beginning of this thread and read it very carefully. I ran across what I thought was an unusual schedule yesterday and was MERELY trying to find out if it were accurate or not. Before anyone could answer my casual question DrGonzo and others got on here blasting the Maryville atheletic Dept and blaming them for everything from the jamboree to the war in iraq and explaining why everyone hates Maryville. And then when I finally respond you come on here saying I don't know when to quit? I don't really care. I just asked a simple question and it turned into all of this. Read the entire thread. If you can read. And stay out of my business.

Edited by mhs

You Maryvillians have a lot on your chests. You boys could certainly benefit from a relaxing vacation.

MHS, I apologize if I didn't answer your question. I tried to give you some inside scoop on why the Jamboree was moved up, in a serious manner. It's not my intentions to sound like a ###### here (although I probably do to you), but Maryville honestly does organize/plan/run the Jamboree, otherwise known as a giant "CF".

Edited by DrGonzo

You Maryvillians have a lot on your chests. You boys could certainly benefit from a relaxing vacation.

MHS, I apologize if I didn't answer your question. I tried to give you some inside scoop on why the Jamboree was moved up, in a serious manner. It's not my intentions to sound like a ###### here (although I probably do to you), but Maryville honestly does organize/plan/run the Jamboree, otherwise known as a giant "CF".

So Maryville runs, plans and organizes it and has to have their large gate. So you are telling me that even though it is at Heritage this year that Maryville is going to get the gate from it? I mean that is basically why you are saying they moved it up right? I am just trying to understand. Everyone knows the game rotates each year. But you are acting like maryville hosts and gets the gate each year. And if a school can turn them down for swapping host years with them i am sure all three could refuse to move it up if they did not want to. That is sure what I would have done.