Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

Yea Mowest Jeffco is really heated..last year they were chanting "We Want Sanvy"...if you dont know the story behind it , it doesnt mean anything..but if you do, you'd understand how totally classless jeff was

825290768[/snapback]

That is BS,it is the biggest running lie in the world.I can say with 100% certainty that NO player,or fan in the student section ever said that.I asked a number of players who were on the field,and know without a doubt that no player want chanting that name.You need to understand that words get twisted,and what people think they hear is not always what is said. 95% of the players last year had never heard of the Sanvy Theno situation until that next week when Mo West fans and players started speading a rumor that someone was chanting his name.

Well, I know we're not in Tennessee, but I feel compelled to post about the Trinity/St. Xavier rivalry in Louisville, KY! It was touted as the #1 High School rivalry in the US last year or the year before by one Sports publication. The game is held each year at UL/Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, and last year drew 32,000 to the game. Alumni plan their reunions around the date, other alumni plan their vacations to coincide, people come back from all over the country to attend this game. Local fans take the day off work, and spend it tailgaiting at the stadium. The week-long festivities at the schools include t-shirts made for the occasion, and an alumni golf scramble between the schools.

The rivalry is made even more intense due to the number of families who are divided by their allegiences. It' not unsual for a family to have a kinsman playing on EACH of the teams!

I simply can't imagine a greater rivalry!

One of the longest-standing rivalries in the US is also in Louisville. Louisville Male vs. duPont Manual is over 100 years old! It's just as intense for those two schools as the Trinity/St. X rivalry. In recent years, the match-up has been dominated by Male, but Manual may have the edge on them this year! Wish I could make it to their game, but I'll be cheering for my Rocks!

Dobyns Bennett -n- Oak Ridge !

Whoever wins this game usually moves on to the simi finals. Both teams have great respect for each other. (except for that fake punt a few years ago) (oh and the year Oak Ridge was listing in on our radios) Well let me say theres "good" respect for each other. These two teams really get after each other on the field. I believe the series is tied between the two. The #1 & #2 winningest teams in the state of Tennessee. ........enough said!

WaCo :) JaCo

Wartburg is the County Seat of Morgan Co. They call their H.S. Central but there are no others in Wartburg. The Mascot is an English Bulldog sipping tea and eating crackers. They are double A and brag about dominating Morgan Co. Football (other three H.S.'s are Single A) 

Coalfield is in the southeastern end of Morgan Co. between Oliver Springs and Wartburg. They are single a with a tradition of 11 or more consecutive play off births since play off system has been in existence. They're mascot is a Yellow Jacket. They play Wartburg yearly and the overall record is Wartburg .535 against Coalfield. Coalfield has the only State Championship in any sport for Morgan County and that is in H.S. Baseball 1998. 

The rivalry is for community pride and nothing else as each team plays in different divisions. Come the second game of the year at either place the fans will pack the stadium with approximately 3000 fans. Not bad for a County with a population of 19000 (and much of that population is in the two state prisons, Brushy Mountain Correctional Complex), and two other high schools playing somewhere that night.

825290686[/snapback]

cyjacket Wartburg has only been AA since 1986 and some of them years wartburg and coalfield did not play each other bottom line is get over it wartburg is the better team take the bill winstead years out and it an't even close dogs by 10 this year and they even lost 20 players from last year :P

While this is a great game year in and year out. However I don't think that this game can be considered in this thread as one of the best high school rivalry. How about the South Pittsburg/Marion game now thats a good rivalry. And as far as when Boyd moves up to 2A, I believe S.P. will still keep them on there schedule because if they were to win the Blue Cross Bowl again they wouldn't want people saying it is because Boyd went to 2A.

825290712[/snapback]

I don't think S.P. will keep Boyd on thier schedule because they dont have to play them and they beat them every year and their coach is probably tired of it. I bet they are happy to get Boyd off their scedule, and Boyd and S.P. are much greater rivals than marion county. I have watched Boyd and s.p. battle it out every year

and it's always a good close game. (except in '02). :P

One of the newest rivalries which has erupted over the last three or four years and has soured more and more each year is between Stratford and Clarksville-Northwest. Bad blood isn't the only thing running through the veins of these athletes. Utter hatred on both sides brings out the best in both teams and provides some hard hitting action for everyone to enjoy.

Dobyns Bennett -n- Oak Ridge !

Whoever wins this game usually moves on to the simi finals. Both teams have great respect for each other. (except for that fake punt a few years ago) (oh and the year Oak Ridge was listing in on our radios) Well let me say theres "good" respect for each other. These two teams really get after each other on the field. I believe the series is tied between the two. The #1 & #2 winningest teams in the state of Tennessee. ........enough said!

WaCo JaCo

I would say that this game could be Oak Ridge's 2nd biggest rivalry to Clinton. Dont get me wrong, i understand its a huge rivalry and that if Dobyns Bennett were in Anderson County then definatly Clinton wouldnt even be in the picture. But the Clinton-OR game is a battle from cross county rivals that is more of trash talk between the 2 schools before the game and us Clinton fans trashtalking after the game because we have gotten our butts handed to us again. Hopefully it will be close again this year. I am still mad abotu the game 2 years ago when Clitnon was at the 1 with about 5 sec. left and if they scored they win but CATLETT chose to pass the ball and it ended up getting intercepted.