Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

O.K. folks, how about a rivalry so bad they are not allowed to play each other by their respective boards of education. Two teams only 18 miles apart one is 4-A and the other is 5-A. The used to play back in the late 70's but things were getting real ugly because both were consolidated schools made up of county rivals within their own county. Several players from the 5-A school could not stand playing with their own rival and started going down the Interstate Hwy to the 4-A school to play football and when they got on the field it was bad blood all the way.

Just think, if the boys from Campbell Co. ever decide to play with each other instead of going down to Anderson Co., The Cougars might eventually field a team that can win more than two or three games a year. With out all those CC boys(usually the skill players) Anderson Co. would probably not have as good a record year in and year out. ;);):P

Edited by possumcop

Let Bear have them. I'll have more than enough. Matter of fact, I've gotten rid of two muscadine vines. Got tired of mowing around them. One time Marty J. came up with the idea to label his bottles of white muscadine wine with a Yellowjacket. He sketched the label, took it to a professional labelmaker, but they were going to charge a fortune. The wine has a yellow-bronzish color, and Yellowjacket would have been appropriate for a title.

Just think, if the boys from Campbell Co. ever decide to play with each other instead of going down to Anderson Co., The Cougars might eventually field a team that can win more than two or three games a year.  With out all those CC boys(usually the skill players) Anderson Co. would probably not have as good a record year in and year out. ;)  ;)  :P

825290955[/snapback]

Remember the year ACHS had to forfeit all those games over something similar to this? I lost all respect for Larry Kerr after that.

I don't think S.P. will keep Boyd on thier schedule because they dont have to play them and they beat them every year and their coach is probably tired of it. I bet they are happy to get Boyd off their scedule, and Boyd and S.P. are much greater rivals than marion county. I have watched Boyd and s.p. battle it out every year

and it's always a good close game. (except in '02).  :P

825290825[/snapback]

South Pittsburg will probably keep playing Boyd on their schedule. I hear from inside sources it is very probable unless they have so many district/region games that they can't fit it in. By the way South Pittsburg and Marion they set the standard for rivalries. It is pushing 80 years and still the best.

I agree with StayNskool. It may not be the longest running rivalry, but Ooltewah-Central is always a great game to watch. Even if it's a one-sided blowout, the fans and atmosphere make this game one of the most attended sporting events of the year by Chattanooga's Finest (POLICE)! This game always makes for a fun and entertaining Friday night in Chattanooga! Can't wait for the Owls to clobber the Purple PUDS this year at Central!