Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

ok, i'm really tired about hearing all about maryville having rivalries with every one, Maryville- Alcoa, Maryville- Heritage, maryville- william blount, maybe they dont like each other, so what, yo have a good rivalry both teams need to be at least somewhat good, maryville is but the others teams are below par,its not much of a rivalry when its one sided all of the time. take two perennial powers Oak Ridge and Dobbyns Bennet, always at each others throat and 9 times out of 10, the state championship goes through those teams. When was the last time that Heritage saw the playoffs?

Wartburg,Oliver Springs and Coalfield are in Morgan County. It is closer to Oak Ridge than it is Knoxville.

Wartburg and Oliver Springs are in Alcoa's region in 2A.

Coalfield is in Greenbacks region in 1A.

Those Morgan County people are hard core.

825290681[/snapback]

dude i dont who told u this stuff but first off OS isnt in morgan county it is in roane county and secondly wartburg is not in the same region as OS and Alcoa. so get ur facts straight.

OS and Kingston rival is the best I have seen. Rival isnt even a good word for it. Hate is more like it. Both schools are out for blood. I know I played for OS. The everyone gets pumped up and crazy. It was the best time during school. I'm looking forward to going and watching the football team meet Kingston this year. I dont know how many players Kingston lost but OS has lost almost the whole line, backs, kicker, and quarterback. But I have my faith in Coach Johnson. Getter dunn coach. Gillz out.

dude i dont who told u this stuff but first off OS isnt in morgan county it is in roane county and secondly wartburg is not in the same region as OS and Alcoa. so get ur facts straight.

825294499[/snapback]

I may have been wrong about which county Oliver Springs was in but I know that Oliver Springs is in the same region as Wartburg and Alcoa.

I'm not sure if its the best, but one that I love to watch is the kingston/OS rivalry.  This year its at Kingston and Kingston hasn't been beat at home by a roane county team in 17 years.  Rockwood will have the opportunity first, but week 5 brings in OS.  This year should be a good one.

ACCARP

825290629[/snapback]

just to add to that...rockwood will beat kingston in a tight game and O.S. will beat kingston...kingston has the talent but lacks in discipline

I may have been wrong about which county Oliver Springs was in but I know that Oliver Springs is in the same region as Wartburg and Alcoa.

825294508[/snapback]

There is a portion of Oliver Springs City in Anderson, Roane, and MORGAN Counties. The high school is in the Roane section. O.S. is kinda like the old Berlin and Germany. The communist section would be where the high school is located. ;)