Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

I would have to go with the Rhea County vs Cleveland is getting to be one of the best games in East TN. It seems to come down between those 2 teams on who is going to win the region and get home field first round while the other is sorted through the pack... and especially since both teams got in the post-game fight last year should be a great game in Cleveland this year.. and the Rhea Co. fans will be there to pack it out...

RC Eagles...#1

Hey does Anderson County not count.  How about AC vs AE or AC vs Fulton or maybe even AC vs Clinton. As being a part of those games it's unreal the intensity and pride that's on the line in those games.

825296271[/snapback]

I'll have to agree w/ you as far as Fulton goes. It may not be their biggest rival - but it's always a good game!

GO FALCONS!

I know in the Memphis area that the top rivalries are CBHS vs. MUS (private school rivalry), Ridgeway vs. White Station (Memphis City Schools rivalry, though not as intense as 10-20 years ago), and Germantown vs. Houston (Shelby County Schools rivalry--started in 1989 when Houston High School, about 3 miles from Germantown High School, opened its doors.) Of all the rivalries in Memphis, Gtown/Houston is my favorite. Although Germantown owns Houston with a dominating 11-4 record, Houston has won in the series at very pivotal times...such as the 1998 quarterfinal match-up at Germantown when a section of the visitors' side collapsed or the horrid 2001 quarterfinal match-up at Houston when the Mustangs handed the Red Devils their worst defeat in over a decade. Past those slight melodramas, the Devils have enjoyed a near constant strangehold on the Mustangs (aka Ponies); Houston: It's our name, our game, our town, BOW DOWN!

Greenbrier and White House is a huge rivalry... When that football game is over, the football guys at Greenbrier are looking forward to the next one. Also, the fans of the 2 schools and the communities are always looking forward to that game. Just the other day I met a football player from White House and we started debating who was going to win the game this year... Football at Greenbrier is always exciting, but White House gets everyone pumped up!

I think that with all sports, David Lipscomb is getting to be rivals with Greenbrier because of softball and basketball as well.

Last years game, Maryville vs. Knox Central in the playoffs was CRAZY!! I watched the Knox Central place kicker warm up and he was booting them a good 30-40 yards out. In the game he gets 2 chances to win the game, once from about 20 yards out, and he misses. The other from a little further and he missed again..I was amazed, I thought for sure Maryville was done after the first one. It was such a great game. Games like those are why I keep coming back to watch.