Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

Union City - Huntingdon...short series but the games these two have played in the past meant who went to the state championship game...

Huntingdon - Milan

Union City - Martin Westview....These two teams just plain do not like each other and it does not matter what each others record is.

Really, any combination of these four teams..they all play each other

i agree falconluv, but the riverdale-lincoln rivalry has always been a good one.  these are two storied programs that continue to field great football teams, regardless of what kind of players they have to work with.  just curious, do you still play for the falcons?  if not, when did you graduate?  my last season was the '02 season when you guys beat us 10-9 but then we made up for it in the playoffs at home.  i was #66 and played guard the first game and tackle the second game.  what number were you and what position did you play?

825294954[/snapback]

sorry you were mislead but i've never played lol. i'm a girl (which doens't mean i couldn't have played) and i graduated this year. i'm very close to a few of this year's seniors as well as the ones that graduated in may. i think i might remember you from the 10-9 game.....

I think MBA and Ryan played their first game in 1927. I'm pretty sure they've played every year since then, occaisioanlly more than once in recent years including playoff games--- that would be at least 76 games. Does somebody know if I'm right about that? Any other series got more games than that? Baylor-McCallie started playing way back, but they didn't play for a long period in the 50s and 60s.

After thinking about, the most exciting games between two rivals I've ever seen has been games between Knox Central and Maryville. Whether the bobcats and the rebs are the best or biggest rivalry in the state, thats tough to say, but they have had some electrifying and entertaining games in the past.

I think MBA and Ryan played their first game in 1927. I'm pretty sure they've played every year since then, occaisioanlly more than once in recent years including playoff games--- that would be at least 76 games. Does somebody know if I'm right about that? Any other series got more games than that? Baylor-McCallie started playing way back, but they didn't play for a long period in the 50s and 60s.

825295339[/snapback]

You were close. The series started the year before in 1926. The schools did not meet in 1928-1929, 1939-1944, 1953, and 1995-1996. MBA leads the series 40-28-1.

Baylor leads the McCallie series 36-27-4. The schools did not meet from 1941-1970.

Edited by rollredroll

i dont know if everyone hates them or what but it seems every game the huntingdon mustangs play is a rivalry game. its like they draw the best crowds for away games and they also seem to get the A game of everyone they play. i guess to be the best you have to beat the best and right now they are sitting on top not looking to lose it. but i must say the huntingdon vs milan game last year was one of the hardest fought games ever and for the chance to go to the BC bowl and win the championship. i dont think lipsomb could have beaten either team.

Edited by Tombstone52