Tennessee Pre-Season Top 10

D2FANN

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another note about MBA, ever since the TSSAA has existed (and even before then), MBA has always played in the highest classification whether it was DI or DII. They have always played against the best teams in the state (and out of the state) in the highest class possible. BA...... has not. BA has always chosen to be in the classification where they feel they would succeed the most. This may account for why BA has the most state championships of any school in the state. MBA has always competed with the best regardless of whether they thought they would succeed or not.  So, even though BA may take pride in the fact that they have the most championships, MBA will always take pride in the fact that they have played with the toughest and the best in the state every year and they got something to show for it now...........PRIDE, TRADITION, AND EXCELLENCE!

825294984[/snapback]

Don't judge Brentwood Academy's motives for their choice of classification when you may or may not know the whole story. BA also values "pride, tradition, and excellence" through the embodiment of the "body, mind, spirit" philosophy.

MBA is to be commended for playing up, but they also have three times BA's number of boys and have been playing football since the 19th century.

i didn't mean to open a can of worms- it just seems logical to me that riverdale- a 5A team who always dominates, and MBA or BA- the top two DII schools, should play each other every year. The main reason why I am stumped that these teams don't play is that they are so close. and no one can say that it wouldn't be one of the biggest midstate match-ups year in and year out.

Yes, when they had 5 or 6 1-A players signing each year. I'd like to have seen they play Jefferson County in 87, Oak Ridge in 90, teams like that. Maybe they could have still won, but playing Class A and AA teams over the years was a joke at times.

825295162[/snapback]

I agree!