Maryville v.s. Alcoa

*MHSfootball*

you know what i think is funny, how all you alcoa fans get upset off because i post crap about your team. who cares if i wouldnt trade your team for a whole truckload of left shoes, yes they are that worthless, and you actually want to come do something to me, seriously guys, get a life. I've given my serious opinion on the game several times, depth will win, fiegler will get picked, linebackers will tire out lindsey, Maryville wins by two tds.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rebelraider

I love how you support the Rebels. But! The Alcoa fans have a right to get mad at you. Don't rip Alcoa. It is alright to predict that Maryville will win. It is alright to brag on your team. It is not right to bash other teams. Just some friendly little advise. thumb

Go Rebels

825312602[/snapback]

Watch it RR, your beginning to sound like a mod. Good luck this week, I hope the Warriors take it easy on us.

Well, since we're talking football now, I'm going to refer back to REBELRON's post about the team comparisons.

I agree with alomost all he says except the receivers, defensive tackles, and linebackers.

First, I believe our receivers are just as good, if not a little better than Maryville's. What's there to say about Brandon Warren...he's a man among boys. Kyrus Lanxter is a good receiver. He dropped a pass or two against SD, but he proved to me during that game he can get open fairly easily, plus he's a big target to go along with Warren being about 6'2 or 3. Brian Sommer is going to be special. He made one of the best catches I've ever seen in high school football, it was the only pass he caught, but he didn't have an oppurtunity because of the fact we didn't need to throw, but he adds another 6'+ target. Alex Green will help alot too. He didn't catch a pass against SD, put if he does, watch out, the kids a speed demon and he's got moves that are ridiculous.

Second, I think our defensive tackles match up better than Maryville's. Martin White is probaby the best lineman in the county. He's strong, quick, and that 315 pound frame is just hard to go against. Mark Avery is probably one of the most improved players one the team, and had the best game of any defensive player against SD. Alcoa has a good amount of depth to back them up with Jacob Lequire, Drew Miller, Cody Marsh, Nathan Backus, and Corey Brewer.

Lastly, I think our linebackers match up just as evenly as Maryville's, the starter's at least. Dustin Lindsey is probably one of the best backers around, and to go with the strength and speed of Dante Lewis and Dominique Brown they are a pretty big force to reckon with. The only problem is the depth. The only real solid backups at linebacker are Lake Burnett, James Stultz, and Matthew Atkins.

I'm just can't keep waiting till Friday, this is killing me!!!

tom142

I ranked Maryville's receivers higher because Andrew Clement,Kirk Harris and Ryan Jenkins have caught a lot of ball for Maryville. Steven Childs caught a lot of balls but they were caught at Smyrna.He is a big help. Tyler Maples and Ryan Reiser are future stars. I will admit that Brandon Warren is a big time player. The other kids from Alcoa will have to prove it. Which they most likely will.

Maryville's front 7 didn't play well at Oak Ridge. They played great vs Austin East. They struggled in the 1st series vs Gatlinburg Pittman but dominated after that. The front 7 will be much better next year. Only defensive end Jeffery Smith,Aaron May and Adam Parnell are seniors.May doesn't start.The rest of the starters and reserves are underclassmen.

I would put the whole Maryville linebackers vs any teams. They will be even better next season.

Tom.... 1 Question.... Matthew Atkins? Come on now lol... but seriously...

I appreciate what RebelRon put towards Raider...

I also think that the Alcoa Linebackers will be just as good or better than their Maryville counterparts.

Joei Fiegler may have some early struggles, but he has good recievers to throw to. Tom is right about Sommers, and Green, Lanxter, and most obviously Warren.

As I have said before: The Matchup of the Game will be:

Alcoa's O-Line Vs. Maryville's D-Line OR Vice Versa....

Either way, this game is going to be won in the trenches.

rebelraider

I just don't believe in bashing teams. I don't like it when Vitavol spews his venom about Maryville.I don't like it when anyone spews venom on Maryville.

Tom142,tnvols23,flashy,turbo and some of these other Alcoa fans have not bashed Maryville. They are talking football which is the way it should be. Lets keep this to football talk.

Talking trash is not a Maryville tradition. Winning and losing with class is the main Maryville tradition. Ted Wilson,Don Story,John Olive,Tim Hammontree and now George Quarles likes Maryville being known as a classy bunch.

VitaVol...You must remember that Red Banks (and now UT's) running back Gerald Riggs only got 68 yards against Maryville. The more people talk about someone beating up on Maryville the more they get angry and the more they want to prove that they are the best. Thats what happened when Riggs came to town. Every Maryville defensive player carried his picture in their pocket and each one angrily crumpled it time and time again. This is a different Maryville team, but I still think that they will be able to control Alcoa's running game.