Maryville vs. Central

jlay68

Central vs. Maryville... the constant clash that is turning into one of the best rivalries in the state... I look forward to this game and I'll make the perdiction that GQ will find a way to win, Maryville 38 - Central 21. This game will depend on the play of maryville's defense. The offense will produce points for maryville, that's a certainty. But the defense will have to step it up and play well against a firey central team. Central's O line will not be able to stop the pressure from maryville's front 4 but i dont think that maryville's front 4 will be able to catch helton after he scrambles out of the pocket. Maryville's corners will have to do a good job containing the quarterback scrambles and the safeties will need to step it up in the secondary when this happens to prevent helton throwing on the run. However Helton has never proved to be a clutch performer and has often faultered in the big games. But i certainly have faith in maryville for this one. They'll be fired up and ready to play and step up for the big game like they always seem to do~ look at their track record for big games...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Central will be able to handle Maryville. They lost to McCalie, and by what I 've heard McCalie is not as good as Maryville. I feel Maryville's defense will be able to do a good job stopping the offense, and I don' t beleive I can say the same about their defense stopping us, I'm not saying Central has a bad defence, because they don't.

I don't know what it is, but its like a curse or something, Central just can't beat Maryville.

Maryville:35

Central:21

Central Has good enough cover guys to play Maryville man this will result in a lot of pressur on Maryvilles Q.B. As a result Thompson will have pressure on him all night. He isn't very mobile and he hasn't proven he can throw under pressure. Taped the comcast game last week and Thompson missed a lot of wide open recievers with no pressure. What will he do when the Bobcats put the heat on him? This should benefit the Bobcats. Maryville will be lucky to score 17.

Central on the other hand must be able to run the ball. West with their tremendous running came had limited success on the ground. Although Gaston is a very capable back he doesn't seem to be very durable. F.B. is just a glorified guard and is not a factor in the running game. Central has a better passing game than West. The screens that Central runs may give the Rebels some problems. Central will be lucky to score 20.

I look for the game to be a defensive battle and come down to a field goal. Central makes theirs this year and wins 20 to 17. :D:D:D

Central Has good enough cover guys to play Maryville man this will result in a lot of pressur on Maryvilles Q.B. As a result Thompson will have pressure on him all night. He isn't very mobile and he hasn't proven he can throw under pressure. Taped the comcast game last week and Thompson missed a lot of wide open recievers with no pressure. What will he do when the Bobcats put the heat on him? This should benefit the Bobcats. Maryville will be lucky to score 17.

Not sure what you have been smoking but it must be some good stuff.

Cade was not sharpe last week after a one week lay off, but that is by Cade standards. Let's see here...............247 yards and three TD's, plus one running.........hope he's not sharpe again this Friday night.

I hope they do play man. They will regret it if they do. I don't know anything about Central's front four but Maryville has arguably their best offensive line in the past 6 or 7 years and Thompson has rarely been touched even when teams blitz. With 3, 4, and sometimes 5 receivers someone is going to be open. I am not saying Central could not hold Maryville to 17 points, however I would be very surprised if they did.

Guest Rebelnation

McCallie 2004 Football Schedule

Date Opponent Result

Sat Aug. 21 Lakeview L 15-23

Fri Aug. 27 Tyner Academy W 38-10

Fri Sep. 3 Father Ryan W 30-18

Fri Sep. 10 Knox Central W 12-10

Mon Sep. 20 Brentwood Acad W 17-7

Fri Oct. 1 MBA R L 16-29

Fri Oct. 8 Knoxville Webb W 42-19

Fri Oct. 15 Baylor W 21-20

No, McCallie isn't as good as Maryville.....might be apples and oranges a lil bit, but the overriding factors are how you rank in your region and how you rank against your opponents. The info above speaks for itself.

We can cover Central's WR's. We can stop Central's run game. Cade will have open receivers and Cade will find open receivers. Central will get one interception. I feel that coming. It'll be early on and a non factor. In the end, we're in Central's head. It'll be that way until GQ leaves us. Much like Spurrier and Fulmer.

T Scott is the guy that can beat you. Centrals running game is not that strong. Althought Gaston is a fair running back, he does not have the O-Line to open the defense up. Helton is a smart QB, but his arm strength is that of par. Central will not beat you with the deep ball, by running the lead, toss sweep, etc. They can beat you by putting the ball in T Scotts hands. It may be a screen pass, swing pass, or short fade, but he is the guy that put them where they are this year.

Guest Rebelnation
Regardless of what his stats are if he is basically all they have they are in trouble. One player will rarely beat a good team.

825388912[/snapback]

You see my point.... thumb

Although I think Central will test Maryville, I just see it as a test. No question if Cade stays in the game he'll burn Centrals secondary for 2-3 yards and 2-3 Td's. The reason I said "If" He Stays in the game is because his shoulder took a big hit real late in the game. He may be still tender. I do think he is tough enough to get the job done. I still don't know why GQ seemed to stay with the pass vs. West most of the night. I mean Cade got as many carries as did Tallent. Maybe it was because it only took Cade and Company 4-5 plays on each series to score. Overall Maryville will run the ball on Central as I don't think Central will be able stop Maryville's Hogs up front from getting a push.

Maryville's front 4, even with Gaylor and Pinkerton rotating kids every series or so they are still getting pressure on the QB's. When the LB's stunt or Blitz they will also bring pressure. Helton will move around and he'll be hard to catch but he'll be caught and banged to the ground all night if the secondary covers like normal.

I expect Maryville will be fired up in front of a loud packed house, at least on the Home side. I hope Central's fans show up for a heated contest.