Livingston Academy (11-1) at Smith County (11-1

Antwan

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wants to talk about "well we lost to you guys last year, but we turned the ball over 27 times inside the 3 yard line, so we were really better than you" ALL that is bologna.  GUYS, whoever wins the game is the better team. PERIOD.  In week 2, Smith Co. was better than LA.  Now we will see if LA has improved.  I happen to think that LA HAS.  However, I CANNOT say that LA was better than Smith Co in week 2.  If LA wins tonite, then I can say that LA is better than Smith Co. right NOW!!! If Smith Co wins then they are better!!! That is all that matters is the score. NOT how many time you turned the ball over inside the 1 yard line.  Or how many yards you rushed for. ONLY the SCORE!!!!!  GO HOG-EYE!!!!

825441382[/snapback]

The best team don't always win. I thought you played football,haven't you ever lost a game and felt like you had the better team.

How is LA more balanced? They much more heavily rely on the run than the pass. Smith's numbers are more evenly balanced and the defensive numbers aren't really that close. Smith Co. is the favorite at home.

As for my MC comments to the Fulton fan, I was simply trying to make a point about why we (4-3A) didn't compete as well last year. I believe this years teams, whichever one comes out with the win tonight, will be more competitive than last year. Tha's all. Now get over it. Or learn how to read and comprehend.

Can't believe I even think tennischap has that ability. Read back a couple of pages and then maybe you will understand. probably not.

GO OWLS !!!!!!!!

ONE GAME AT A TIME

OWLS 20 - 8 !!

825441398[/snapback]

I am going to assume that the only part of that post directed at me was the first part since I do not recall saying anything to you about last year unless you have two sign in names. Smith County just puts too much on Wilmore. He had a great year last year, that is a given. But go back and look at Smith County posts, that kid is some kind of a martyr there or something. It is like the team wins on his shoulders and loses on his shoulders. Very few, there are some, but very few fans give anyone else on that team the recognition they deserve. Look at all the big willy and free willy comments, whomever was responsible for letting him play most of that game in Hartsville after the injury could have done serious damage to him. It takes a team, and there are more than one or two names that are going to have an impact on this game. I am not saying that Wilmore won't have a good game, he may and good for him. But, give the rest of the team their due credit. Smith County has a good team right now. So does LA, I simply meant that there seem to be MORE big play makers for LA. It looked that way against us. As I said earlier good luck and may the best team win. I see LA by about 10.

LA 7

SC 6

That's my prediction... also whoever goes over 10 points (if either team does...) first will win, I feel.

And for those saying the third time is the charm for SC... the same could be said for LA... since SC has beat LA two times (26-0 and 12-7) since this region was put together in 2001, this should be LA's "third times a charm" game :o

LA  7

SC  6

That's my prediction... also whoever goes over 10 points (if either team does...) first will win, I feel.

And for those saying the third time is the charm for SC... the same could be said for LA... since SC has beat LA two times (26-0 and 12-7) since this region was put together in 2001, this should be LA's "third times a charm" game B)

825441470[/snapback]

:o ...good points there.

i think ur right about the 10 point factor. whoever can get to double digits has a great chance of winning.

Seems to me it's going to be like those years SC beat up on Hun Hill but that was the days only one team out of the District would make the big show. Speaking of a "one player show", that was what you had and I do appreciate the comments you made regarding "team effort". Wilmore is a heck of a ball player but there is 20 other positions on the field he doesn't play. Enough of that, I remember how we use to finish the Hogeye Hogeye song and it wasn't to pleasant. Have you heard anything out of that juking chubby athlete named Hun?

LA  7

SC  6

And for those saying the third time is the charm for SC... the same could be said for LA... since SC has beat LA two times (26-0 and 12-7) since this region was put together in 2001, this should be LA's "third times a charm" game :o

825441470[/snapback]

Jacket Pride, I don't guess TC has ever had a "go to" player. Can you say TT. Withouth him you would have been a little above average but not championship caliber that you were at the time. Wilmore is SC's go to guy. I have never said that he is their only weapon. In fact I believe quite the contrary. I believe a player who is not Wilmore, Dyer, Brady, Cates, Colson, or Vaughn will make the play that is the difference tonight. I don't think that LA is more balanced overall. Maybe more balanced inside the running attack. I was speaking of each teams ability to run and pass. Anyway, enjoy your trip to Carthage and Let's Go Owls.

Jacket Pride, I don't guess TC has ever had a "go to" player. Can you say TT. Withouth him you would have been a little above average but not championship caliber that you were at the time. Wilmore is SC's go to guy. I have never said that he is their only weapon. In fact I believe quite the contrary. I believe a player who is not Wilmore, Dyer, Brady, Cates, Colson, or Vaughn will make the play that is the difference tonight. I don't think that LA is more balanced overall. Maybe more balanced inside the running attack. I was speaking of each teams ability to run and pass. Anyway, enjoy your trip to Carthage and Let's Go Owls.

825441501[/snapback]

SC will have trouble tonight.. owls dont play to good on a wet field.. LA-14 sc-12.thats my close score..IF Kats get hot !!! LA-28 SC-6 thumb

825441529[/snapback]

We played pretty well last week and in week 10 on a wet field. The field won't be very wet. It drains well...and it hasn't rained much. Maybe you are referring to the monsoon at Upperman. The wind was blowing about 40 mph along with the heavy rain. It won't be anything like that tonight.