CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

I have read alot of the Cookeville fans talking about last years game. I just want to make one comment about that. Dont forget that just about all of the Riverdale starters last year are back and have improved a great deal. Just thought i would point that out. I would also like to know how many starters Cookeville has back? I am Looking foward to a good game and lets not let anything happen like last week.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville had a very small senior class last year with not many huge impact players on it, the system is a lot different for cookeville now than last year.

-they returned about 8 on offense (hard because they use so many packages that the word starter doesnt really aplly)

-and 7 on defense

but many improvements have been made since last year, alot of which has come over the course of this season.

watch out for russell tribble #32 on defense. one word: Manbeast

Cookeville had a very small senior class last year with not many huge impact players on it, the system is a lot different for cookeville now than last year.

-they returned about 8 on offense (hard because they use so many packages that the word starter doesnt really aplly)

-and 7 on defense

but many improvements have been made since last year, alot of which has come over the course of this season.

watch out for russell tribble #32 on defense. one word: Manbeast

825436292[/snapback]

Yes, Tribble is very good. But, Riverdale has several manbeasts.

Guest region4fan

Can you say practically the whole team??

I wanted to say that Gaston was very humble and well-behaved on the Jeff Fisher Show last night. I was really proud for him and his family.He seems like a really good kid.

Edited by region4fan

Okay, I like the fact that people are supporting Cookeville, but it is really ludacris to think that they have a shot against a defense like Riverdale's. I said a couple of days ago on here that Cookeville is boring and only runs 3 plays a game. Somebody responded by saying that they haved worked, but against what kind of competition? They will not work on Riverdale guaranteed. Riverdale allows very few rushing yards per game. The only way anybody will even score on Riverdale is by using a wide open shotgun pass offense. Cookeville has never heard of that. Keep on supporting Cookeville, that is good, but use your brains and realize they have no shot against Riverdale!!!!!

Riverdale-48

Cookeville-0

Okay, I like the fact that people are supporting Cookeville, but it is really ludacris to think that they have a shot against a defense like Riverdale's. I said a couple of days ago on here that Cookeville is boring and only runs 3 plays a game. Somebody responded by saying that they haved worked, but against what kind of competition? They will not work on Riverdale guaranteed. Riverdale allows very few rushing yards per game. The only way anybody will even score on Riverdale is by using a wide open shotgun pass offense. Cookeville has never heard of that. Keep on supporting Cookeville, that is good, but use your brains and realize they have no shot against Riverdale!!!!!

Riverdale-48

Cookeville-0

im glad someone else has some sense, my prediction was 49-0 riverdale and i know cookeville is excited that they have got this far but when they see riverdale they will think twice. reality will set in and the cavs will be shellshocked by riverdales size and speed. it is obvious these cav fans havent saw riverdale play this year or they would know they are in over their head, no way cookeville wins this game. in my opinion symrna would beat cookeville and i hope gux paxton brings his notepad so he can take notes on how to tote the mail from gaston miller cuz its coming, 250 or more for miller in 3 quarters or less and paxton wont have over 20 yards from scrimage.

im not trying to make anyone mad but what makes you think that cookeville can move the ball and score on this riverdale defense? i dont even think cookeville can beat riverdales second string, think about it, almost every game riverdale has pulled their starters out after the second quarter and still not given up any points and also why isnt anyone mentioning dave thomas, trust me dave will show up for this game. cookeville has a good team and they play well together but speed kills and riverdale has a ton more of team speed than the cavs, just like the old sayin goes "a good big team beats a good little team" period. one last thing, riverdale is use to huge games like this, cookeville isnt. the talent level between these 2 teams isnt close, i remember when todd howard came from riverdale and played for the cavs his senior season and everyone from cookeville was so in awe of him because he played for riverdale. well friday night they will get to face a better back than howard and his name is gaston miller, memorize that name cav fans becuase you will hear it early and often friday night.

I still think Riverdale will win by at least 21, but remember something Cookville fans, they've lost before when they weren't supposed too. In 1999, we were ranked even higher in the nation than this year's group. We were 10-0 and lost in the first round at home to Dickson County who was only 5-4. Cookville has won more games than that DC team so you never know what might happen. They say that history has a way of repeating itself. Good luck.

Aparantly volsfan and baseball jesus......or whatever......either have no sense, or have never seen Cookeville play before. As I said earlier, Cookeville is the best team Riverdale has faced THUS FAR. You can count on a very emotional, physical, and close game.

Sheesh, just when things are going smoothly for both sides, two guys like that have to come in and spoil it.