CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone seem to think this is anything new?  They have done these sort of things since I was in school in the 80's.  No matter who the coach is, Riverdale has always been so arrogant and full of themselves that it's not even funny!  Riverdale, you and the rest of the warrior fans seem to thing that these boys are God's gift to football.  WRONG!  They may be good, they might even be the best in the state right now, but there is absolutely no excuse for the way they act!  You got upset with a comment I made at the beginning of the week about Riverdale going after other players' knees.  Well, guess what, they do.  You can't say they don't!  Everyone has seen them do it, and if you haven't, you need to get a better pair of glasses.  They always have done it.  I personally know someone who has a 10 inch scar on his knee, courtesy of the Riverdale players!  If you want to play football, then play football.  If not, you need to get off the field!

825440283[/snapback]

Hey bro, I have been watching Riverdale football for 8 or 9 years now and I dont see them doing anything intentional like that any more than any other team does. Every team has people on it who do stuff like that, guess what, its part of football. I dont know why you think Riverdale does it more than anybody else, but they dont. As far as talking, let them talk, they can back it up at least. They have been backing it up for around 11 years or so man. Its not like Lebanon who usually talks tons of trash then goes 4-6 or something. If you want to see a team who intentionally tries to go after players knees, go look at game tapes of Dallas Carter High School in the late 1980's in Texas. Then compare them to Riverdale then try to talk about them.

Hey bro, I have been watching Riverdale football for 8 or 9 years now and I dont see them doing anything intentional like that any more than any other team does.  Every team has people on it who do stuff like that, guess what, its part of football.  I dont know why you think Riverdale does it more than anybody else, but they dont.  As far as talking, let them talk, they can back it up at least.  They have been backing it up for around 11 years or so man.  Its not like Lebanon who usually talks tons of trash then goes 4-6 or something.  If you want to see a team who intentionally tries to go after players knees, go look at game tapes of Dallas Carter High School in the late 1980's in Texas.  Then compare them to Riverdale then try to talk about them.

825440386[/snapback]

If you've been watching them for 8 or 9 years, that puts you about 15 years behind me. No it's not part of football. I don't know were you learned to play football, but that's definitely not part of the game. I've actually played in games against Riverdale. I am not the only person saying this. Ask other people from other schools about it. 90% of them will tell you the same thing. No one cares about Texas football. In case you haven't noticed, you are on a website about football in Tennessee.

Edited by stlrcoach

LMAO@ a cookeville player talking about cheapshots, man you guys invented the cheapshot. your highlight reel is full of them, when i was playing, this little guy named jamal that played for cookeville hit my friend 5 seconds after the whistle had been blown on the opening kickoff and it was 20 yards from the ball. my friend had already started walking back to the sideline when that fool hit him from the blindside. LOL guess what, at the end of the year it made the cookeville highlight reel, now thats rich, putting a blaitent cheapshot on a highlight reel. it was joslins first or second year at cookeville because that foul mouth overrated punk todd howard was playing. talk about classless, that guy had zero class on and off the field. not to mention cookevilles entire blocking scheme was based on taking out our defensive lines knees. let me let you in on a little secret, riverdale dont have to take your knees out to win nor have they ever had to. if anything cookeville needs to pop a few of riverdales knees to win, well more than a few id say but it wont happen, im telling you to get ready for gaston left, right and up the middle. gus paxton cant carry millers jockstrap on his best day, paxton is good but not near as good as gaston miller. its simple, if cookeville cant stop miller and cant pass the ball for a lot of yards then they have zero shot at winning because mark my words, they cant run the ball on riverdale.

LMAO@ a cookeville player  talking about cheapshots, man you guys invented the cheapshot.  your highlight reel is full of them, when i was playing, this little guy named jamal that played for cookeville hit my friend 5 seconds after the whistle had been blown on the opening kickoff and it was 20 yards from the ball.  my friend had already started walking back to the sideline when that fool hit him from the blindside.  LOL guess what, at the end of the year it made the cookeville highlight reel, now thats rich, putting a blaitent cheapshot on a highlight reel.  it was joslins first or second year at cookeville because that foul mouth overrated punk todd howard was playing.  talk about classless, that guy had zero class on and off the field.  not to mention cookevilles entire blocking scheme was based on taking out our defensive lines knees.  let me let you in on a little secret, riverdale dont have to take your knees out to win nor have they ever had to.  if anything cookeville needs to pop a few of riverdales knees to win, well more than a few id say but it wont happen, im telling you to get ready for gaston left, right and up the middle.  gus paxton cant carry millers jockstrap on his best day, paxton is good but not near as good as gaston miller.  its simple, if cookeville cant stop miller and cant pass the ball for a lot of yards then they have zero shot at winning because mark my words, they cant run the ball on riverdale.

825440401[/snapback]

You played at Sparta, right? I don't remember too many times when we all didn't end up in a fight on the field before, during, or after a game. I will admit, those games were always rough on both sides. I will also say that I didn't get to see Howard play, because I was gone in the Marine Corps, so I won't comment on him.

LMAO@ a cookeville player  talking about cheapshots, man you guys invented the cheapshot.  your highlight reel is full of them, when i was playing, this little guy named jamal that played for cookeville hit my friend 5 seconds after the whistle had been blown on the opening kickoff and it was 20 yards from the ball.  my friend had already started walking back to the sideline when that fool hit him from the blindside.  LOL guess what, at the end of the year it made the cookeville highlight reel, now thats rich, putting a blaitent cheapshot on a highlight reel.  it was joslins first or second year at cookeville because that foul mouth overrated punk todd howard was playing.  talk about classless, that guy had zero class on and off the field.  not to mention cookevilles entire blocking scheme was based on taking out our defensive lines knees.  let me let you in on a little secret, riverdale dont have to take your knees out to win nor have they ever had to.  if anything cookeville needs to pop a few of riverdales knees to win, well more than a few id say but it wont happen, im telling you to get ready for gaston left, right and up the middle.  gus paxton cant carry millers jockstrap on his best day, paxton is good but not near as good as gaston miller.  its simple, if cookeville cant stop miller and cant pass the ball for a lot of yards then they have zero shot at winning because mark my words, they cant run the ball on riverdale.

825440401[/snapback]

You talk as if you played for cookeville. Well, YOU DIDN'T!!! I did for four years and NEVER ONCE were we told as offensive lineman to go for the knees. We were told to stay low and get you at the waist. My guess is that we MANHANDLED you and you are just a sissy and can't accept getting beat. You talk about Jamal. He may have made a cheap shot, yes, but I can promise you the next week of practice was absolute MURDER for him. Jamal was an absolute monster. The guy was crazy about the game. I had the privelage to play with him my sophomore year. He's so crazy that before one game, he headbutted another player without his helmet on, cut his head and bled terribly, and still played in the game. Coach J does not put up with cheap shots. He plays smashmouth football. Cookeville goes out there on every play and hits you right in the mouth.

Now, on another note. Don't try and say that a team five years ago resembles the team of today. Those were building years for Joslin and he was still earning the respect of his own players. This team is much different. Everybody in Cookeville respects this team and the coach. I want you to name ONE TIME this season where Cookeville has laid cheap shots, or their offensive line has gone for the knees. You can't because they haven't. They don't show any disrespect, don't try and talk the talk, and and are probably the only team left in the playoffs with class. They just come out and play football. This is a TEAM effort and these guys have played hard to get where they are right now. You are a FOOL if you say they have no chance. These Cav's never give up. They never quit no matter what. You can expect them to play 4 quarters of football tonight.

Good luck Cookeville. I will see all of you at the game as well as all my "peeps".

You talk as if you played for cookeville.  Well, YOU DIDN'T!!!  I did for four years and NEVER ONCE were we told as offensive lineman to go for the knees.  We were told to stay low and get you at the waist.  My guess is that we MANHANDLED you and you are just a sissy and can't accept getting beat.  You talk about Jamal.  He may have made a cheap shot, yes, but I can promise you the next week of practice was absolute MURDER for him.  Jamal was an absolute monster.  The guy was crazy about the game.  I had the privelage to play with him my sophomore year.  He's so crazy that before one game, he headbutted another player without his helmet on, cut his head and bled terribly, and still played in the game.  Coach J does not put up with cheap shots.  He plays smashmouth football.  Cookeville goes out there on every play and hits you right in the mouth.

Now, on another note.  Don't try and say that a team five years ago resembles the team of today.  Those were building years for Joslin and he was still earning the respect of his own players.  This team is much different.  Everybody in Cookeville respects this team and the coach.  I want you to name ONE TIME this season where Cookeville has laid cheap shots, or their offensive line has gone for the knees.  You can't because they haven't.  They don't show any disrespect, don't try and talk the talk, and and are probably the only team left in the playoffs with class.  They just come out and play football.  This is a TEAM effort and these guys have played hard to get where they are right now.  You are a FOOL if you say they have no chance.  These Cav's never give up.  They never quit no matter what.  You can expect them to play 4 quarters of football tonight. 

Good luck Cookeville.  I will see all of you at the game as well as all my "peeps".

825440422[/snapback]

YEAH!! What he said! Go get 'em Fuggs! Sorry I won't be there tonight, but I'll be listening if I can get the game on the net. You might hear me screaming all the way from up here in VA!! I'm done with the trash talking. It's gameday, and I hope everyone on both sides has a safe trip to and from the game tonight. Wish I could be there with all of you. Good luck Riverdale. I hope it's an injury free game for both.

GO GET 'EM BIG RED!

BRING THAT WIN BACK HOME WITH YOU!!!

You Cookeville fans are unbelievable.

There ARE teams in football who are coached to attack the player from their legs. It's not to hurt them, its just a part of offensive blocking scheme. Controversial, but true. I highly doubt Rankin just walks up to his OL and goes "hey 330lb LT go after that de's knees and get him out of the game."

Whatever. Seems to me that Cookeville fans are getting a bit cocky from being the underdogg and just figure everything to go their way. Well, if Cookeville does lose, it'll be "Oh Riverdale went after paxtons knees."

Tonight, I believe that WCHS and the rest of region 4-5A will open their doors to our rehabilitation center for Cookeville players and fans after you see what this years Riverdale team is all about. And if you win, we will build a golden idol of your entire team. :P And if you win by 13 or score 28, :P

Edited by Wilson Central Dogg

Oh I see now. If Riverdale gets low when blocking they are going after the knees. IF others do it, that is good fundamental blocking techniques. How blind I have been.

You're right stlr. My son played OL for Riverdale in 2000-2002. I remember fondly the times we sat around the dinner table laughing about how Rankin told him to break players legs. I mean, since Riverdale has never had any talented players, they have to resort to whatever they can. IF at least one player from the opposing teams is not taken off the field in an ambulance, then Riverdale considers that a loss. They can't wins the games, so they have to resort to accusing others of dirty play, and complaining about how the other team conducts themselves in warm-ups.

Oh wait, I'm sorry - that would be you.