CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

[As for Franklin County's tailback and Smyrna's, you can't even compare them to Paxton. He's much better.]

Fuggly 63.......did u realize what u said.  Gus Paxton is having an awesome year but when u say you cant compare University of Tennessee commitment Marsalous Johnson to Gus Paxton.  Because Paxton is so much better.  I think you make that statement without knowledge of Marsalous's skills.

ON ANOTHER NOTE

As far as the game going,  I dont see Cookeville doing much offensively.  Cookeville will not open up the passing game which many suggest they do.  Jerry Joslin does not pass the football.  He runs the football and is darn good at it if you dont already know.  Cookeville's recievers are not athletic enough to get open against Riverdale's corners IMO, but i do expect the game to be a close for at least the first half to three quarters.  This is Cookeville s best chance to beat Riverdale in the last few decades.  Cookeville will come out with all theyve got but i dont believe it will be enough.  The Wendy's man....Dave Thomas will make a few big plays, running the football, which will be enough to propel Riverdale to another championship game. 

My prediction: Riverdale 24 Cookeville 7

Go Cavs....Prove me wrong

825438520[/snapback]

Boy, don't correct your elders ;) . Just kidding. Okay, I was a little mad and went overboard, but still.

Hey cav43, since when do you love the cavs more than I do, huh?

Oldred63, am I related to you? If I am, you should be SMUGGLY63!!! ;)

One more thing.....I just posted three messages in a row. I guess I could have saved some space and made it into one.

Remember my prediction:

Cookeville - 16

Riverdale - 13

If I am right, I want $100.00 from everybody on this message board. :huh:

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, don't correct your elders  :lol: .  Just kidding.  Okay, I was a little mad and went overboard, but still.

Hey cav43, since when do you love the cavs more than I do, huh?

Oldred63, am I related to you?  If I am, you should be SMUGGLY63!!! :D

One more thing.....I just posted three messages in a row.  I guess I could have saved some space and made it into one.

Remember my prediction:

Cookeville - 16

Riverdale - 13

If I am right, I want $100.00 from everybody on this message board. ;)

825438564[/snapback]

Hey Fugg's, you're not getting a click out of me! I corrected baseballJesus for you yesterday. I knew what you meant. He just didn't read it right. I'm definitely not going to be able to get home for the game tomorrow night, but my boy is going. He said he may try to call you today or tomorrow, to try to hook up at the game. You guys take notes and let me know what's going on in the game!

I haven't seen any player on Cookeville's team disrespecting Riverdale or any other team this season. Coach J would not allow that.

I did see Riverdale come out at the beginning of the Smyrna game by their player going to midfield and spiking the spear, followed by a lot of taunting especially by Thomas.

I guess when your 17-18 years old and everybody says you are the greatest high school football team that has ever played in TN, it would be hard to keep from being cocky and having the big head.

Ah well, we in Cookeville are country boys just thrilled to have the opportunity to be on the same field as the Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!

that kind of stuff from Riverdale is usual...two years ago when blackman played them in the quarterfinals, Riverdale players ran out on the field and spiked the spear and then their 18 seniors lined up at a wall at the end of the blackman tunnel formed by the fans and made Blackman go off to the side as soon as the tunnel ended. Blackman had enough class back then to not start an all out brawl before the game which it easily could have become. my guess is they will do the same this year....thats not something different about riverdale they've always done that stuff

that kind of stuff from Riverdale is usual...two years ago when blackman played them in the quarterfinals, Riverdale players ran out on the field and spiked the spear and then their 18 seniors lined up at a wall at the end of the blackman tunnel formed by the fans and made Blackman go off to the side as soon as the tunnel ended.  Blackman had enough class back then to not start an all out brawl before the game which it easily could have become.  my guess is they will do the same this year....thats not something different about riverdale they've always done that stuff

825439151[/snapback]

They were just protecting their turf. Blackman was going to run out and jump all over the Warrior "R", and given the outright hatred Riverdale had for Blackman at that time - it was not going to happen. They would not have done that against any other team. My son was one of the bunch that formed the barrier. It was not at the end of the tunnel, unless the tunnel ended at the "R". The first Blackman player out of the tunnel took a step towards the "R", saw the Warriors, then almost fell down trying to backtrack. Priceless (or precious, eh region?)

Normally, I would not like to see such things, but all is fair when Blackman is involved.

Riverdale does talk some, to get into the other team's heads. Most of the time it works, as seen both on the field and on this board.

I have not said anything negative about Cookeville, though. They will be a worthy opponent, and they deserve to be here.

Edited by Riverdale

Wingman you know good and well that you don't want to see cookeville win their in region 3 remember the weak region. anyway you never responded to my last post i say Jake is the best back in the state because i havn't seen anyone better i watch highschool football every friday night, in fact i was at the Lebanon Cookeville game and am planning on going to the Riverdale Cookeville game maybe then my opinion will change, but i'm not saying someone is better than him until i see them for myself. i haven't seen Coker so i'm not saying he's better just because of the hipe.

825438396[/snapback]

Well, in the future you may want to say Nunley is the best back that you've seen this year instead of saying he's the best back in the state. No one can dispute he's the best you've seen. But if you come to the Riverdale game, you'll have to admit afterwards that he's probably the third or fourth best that you've seen.

lol Riverdale....i dont really see how you can say that considering they knew that the riverdale seniors were right there. They saw them before they started running out....you sorta have to walk out there before u are in a tunnel so it was kinda obvious seeing a bunch of Riverdale players right there.....and how did u know Blackman was gonna jump on the R???? assume?? I went to blackman that year and I was right there so i too know what happened

lol Riverdale....i dont really see how you can say that considering they knew that the riverdale seniors were right there.  They saw them before they started running out....you sorta have to walk out there before u are in a tunnel so it was kinda obvious seeing a bunch of Riverdale players right there.....and how did u know Blackman was gonna jump on the R???? assume??  I went to blackman that year and I was right there so i too know what happened

825439533[/snapback]

There was at least one guy that did not see them. And of course they were going to do it - we both know that. I never have been one that thought that made much difference, and really don't see the point, but it happens. Riverdale does it too, and I don't like that either.

But you have to take into consideration - I am always right. Watch out or I will say the word "precious" and get this thread locked like I did the Rutherford County one.