Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

Thanks PPride, went and found your old high school jacket yet ? Come on down Friday night!

825448050[/snapback]

Oh, I know exactly where it is. Unfortunately, I will be in Chattanooga Friday night eating Turkey Day leftovers at my sisters. So you guys will have to win this one without me. I mean, you won 11 games without me and 1 with me, so what's the difference? :D

:o

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleepy- your act is already gettin tired...No PUN intended!!!

If you and some of your other under-educated fans cant get on here and comprehend a post, then dont comment at all. 

If you look at the post, nothing was said about how we beat Macon...My point was that their fans tried to make the same "Patriots" analogy!!

825447987[/snapback]

:D ...w/e there smokester...i dont use analogies...i'll tell ya straight up...SC will beat ur falcons...use ur higher education and comprehend that.

Maybe I'll be able to say this without somebody feeling like they have to  jump all over me for it. In all fairness....AE has one fo the best defenses in the state, definitely probably the best in 3a. Period. And you don't know how much it burns me to say that. But it's truth. The Falcons seemed to do alright with that the other night. There is not a defense that is tougher than AE this year....again being as fair as possible....there probably are a couple teams that may be pretty close. I think in the past few weeks the Falcon D has made a distinct name for themselves. They're playing outstanding! I don't doubt for a second that the owls have a good defense. But to say we haven't seen a defense like that is not accurate at all. Your taking the numbers WAY too seriously.

GO FALCONS!!!!

825448017[/snapback]

i'm sure AE does have a great defense....but u havent seen us play...we'll see who u think has the toughest after friday night.

Falcon's Dont Give A HOOT About All the HYPE

Photoman - GREAT Post!!  Keep them coming...very entertaining!!

RockingChair - Same type of analogy (Pats vs. Stl in the Superbowl) that Macon County fans used last year.  Do I need to tell you what happened to Macon in '03.  When you compare your highschool team to the Patriots (an NFL team), it is nothing more than just words on a message board...no substance!!!  Besides, the Patriots were the NFL champions...Did we mention that Fulton won the State Championship last year.  How's that for your comparison?!?! 

To LA fan that stated "Falcons better be glad Livingston didnt beat Smith Co, because they would give us a beating."  Step slowly away from the Crack Pipe.  Dont worry, you will get yours in '05.

Here are the facts, not the inconsistent rhetoric that is being spewed by much the Smith Co. faithful:

-  The fans can get on here and talk smack until the cows come back home to Carthage and it dont mean a thing...the players and coaches are ultimately going to decide this battle and the Falcon's most definitely are not overlooking anyone.  We are too experienced in the Playoffs to make that mistake.  Also, although this team is relatively young, they still know how to win in the playoffs and what it takes to win the BIG game!

-  People have asked "what makes Knoxville teams so special."  This is the biggest no brainer of all...the last 3 years the team that won the East Tn side of the bracket has went on to the title game.  Anyway, this has nothing to do with Knoxville teams and everything to do with the fact that in recent year the Falcons have been a very SPECIAL program!!!  Our boys have brought it strong for 3 straight years!!

-  Over here in KTown, we too can play a little "Johnny Ball" and can also knock you in the mouth...but, at the same time, we can run around or we can run by you, as well.  The key for the Owls is going to be, not only to contain the speed, but also their ability to control the line of scrimmage.  A tough task, but if accomplished, the can stay in the game.  But then again, dont let us get to the outside or stretch it deep...then it could be a long night for the Owls.  Containing the Big Plays will also be a big factor.

-  Finally, one can not overlook the fact that Smith Co has given up 4.3 points per game in the playoffs.  Now matter what the teams or talent level being played, esp. in the playoffs, that is remarkable.  This game will be closer than people think and should prove to be a great matchup. 

But dont forget, until someone proves that they can take us down, the Falcons are still the Champs!!!

825447941[/snapback]

I was just having fun smokey. NO where in my post did I say anything about the Rams. Falcons son Mike Vick. Looks like you need to hit the PIPE again. I'm just on here having fun. And I'm not even from Smith Co. I just like the way they play the game. (I'm sure SC fans glad I cleared that up).And as for WE GOT REGGIE'S COBB'S LIL BROTHER how many games has that won you all.SORRY BUT THAT DON'T CARRY NO WEIGHT DOWN IN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS. And I was only comparing the OWLS and falcons (your team) to the style of play of NE -Atlanta. YOU know the PATS play as a team where as the Falcons rely on Individuals i.e Mike Vick you know sort of like your team ..cocky ..arrogant get the picture. And as for LA we'll see about that next yr.So bring your READY ROCK on down to the HOLE get ready for a thrashing that the OWLS have in store for your cocky bunch.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Queenie- you really need to get out more, esp. on Saturdays.  Reggie Cobb was a Tailback for the Vols in the late 80s.  He was a part of the vaunted "Cobb-Webb" backfield.  He played at Knox Central and also played in the NFL for the TBay Bucs and the GBay Packers.

825448003[/snapback]

You've got Reggie's brother...hey...that's great...but we've got Socraps Hackett's brother. I think that evens things out...don't you think Queenie? :o

Edited by Antwan

You've got Reggie's brother...hey...that's great...but we've got Socraps Hackett's brother.  I think that evens things out...don't you think Queenie?  :o

825448117[/snapback]

I'm gonna be laughing about this one allllllllllllllll day!!!...LMAO...and yes, we do have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you guys know you just started something now. The little comment about you guys play as a team and we just have individuals. I dont know about the players but I know from experience last year that would burn me up. You guys are just asking for it now. All this trash talking, we dont have to result in that. We are not talking trash when we say that our boys will win. We are just merely stating facts. I never even heard of Smith County before and I already dont like you guys. Matter of fact, from experience with Macon County and Trousdale players, and now fans of Smith County, you guys really are really like another breed. I think our fans know what I am talking about. I mean Macon County trashed our guest locker room after the game last year. Well dont worry, after we just crush you guys, we will leave the locker room in one piece. Guys, fulton players, I hope you know that they are saying we are just a couple of players, take it personal boys and dont let up. Get 'em fulton