Best Players In Single A

DukeBlue

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say Wooden easily?  Peardon is way better of a RB than Wooden.  I guess we will see this friday at MTSU.

825455850[/snapback]

How can I say Wooden easily? Well, very easily. :lol: I assume you haven't seen him play at full speed and are just basing it on what you saw in the championship game last year. Peardon runs upright and is not that fast or quick. Wooden runs low and does anything to keep from getting tackled (short of pulling a knife on you). I guess we will indeed see friday.....be careful what you ask for though. thumb True Mr Football=Chris Wooden

Two great backs. Wooden- power and speed. Peardon - not as powerful but shiftier and smidge faster.

Other great players in 1A :

Sweeney, FHS- absolute cannon and great accutacy

Henley, BBS- not a tougher human at FB and LB

Gilbert, Coalfield- Fast as lightning (in the mud, no less)

Akins, BBS- "like trying to tackle a squirrell"- Dave Bibee

By no means a complete list, but thses are the backs that impressed me this year.

How can I say Wooden easily?  Well, very easily.  <_<  I assume you haven't seen him play at full speed and are just basing it on what you saw in the championship game last year.  Peardon runs upright and is not that fast or quick.  Wooden runs low and does anything to keep from getting tackled (short of pulling a knife on you). I guess we will indeed see friday.....be careful what you ask for though.    thumb  True Mr Football=Chris Wooden

825455858[/snapback]

Ha you are syaing peardon is not fast? I know one thing your crazy!

The Scout, I have seen wooden play this year at "full" speed. He is not as fast a peardon. He is bigger and stronger but ask anyone who has played Boyd this year or last year including DCA who Peardon recieved offensive MVP honors last year against and they will say that Peardon is also VERY DIFFICULT to bring down. By the way is anyone else besides me sick of all this crap about Wooden being hurt. I understand that he wasnt 100% but he did play. A 100% Wooden maybe better than Peardon, but until he shows that he is this week Peardon is the better back. He has better numbers this year and in a couple of games only got the ball 11 or 12 times. By the way the "Real Mr. Football" is Peardon.

Scout, you're just a little too biased for you own good. As for Unbiasedspectator, you may spectate unbiasedly, but your post sure aren't. Peardon has broken more tackles this year than been tackled. I want to know what scout considers fast if Peardon is not fast. You'll see the speed friday. Not only will you see Peardon's speed, you will the speed of Boyd's defense. I'll tell you what you won't see you won't see Wooden's full speed bc he won't ever reach full speed, Boyd's defense won't let him.

This one has to go to peardon..i havent seen anyone break as many tackles as this kid and he isnt the biggest person in the world...quick and shifty and can make a lot of people miss also. come check him out on friday and u will see mr.football is no "fluke" like half the dca people think. just remember what he did last year in hte championship game plus 1 year to mature like everyone else.. B)