Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

Bulldog69 thanks for the support. Now to all fans, who cares about numbers in this one. Their is a whole lot more in this game then someone's size, speed, and statistics.  It is that little muscle in your chest.  I know the Fulton from a year ago, and I am expecting them to be close to the same kind of team or better than a year ago.

Although I do know the Greenbrier team from a year ago because was one of the players, and they are a better team then we were last year. I am not picking sides. It will be two class act teams playing the greatest game in the world.  Good luck to Fulton, and good luck to my boys at Greenbrier.  All goals have been accomplished, and only one more is left.

I HAVE SAID IT ONCE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THE TEAM WITH THE MOST HEART WINS THIS ONE.

To go ahead and let all you fulton fans know, you can't judge or compare the heart of two teams until game day.

825457962[/snapback]

That is the best post about this Greenbrier team I've seen. Heart is an intangible that can't be measured by numbers. This might be the closest and most tightknit team in Greenbrier's history. This ballclub has got better every year for the past 3 years. There is only one thing left to do so go out and do it. Good luck and go and get it done.

Edited by justin groves 03

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would like to say Congrats to Roge on his award. (Even though he's already recieved a pat on the back from me :( )

To let all you guys know... today when they announced at school that Roger won you could hear people clapping and "woohooing" it was pretty cool, the kind of thing that'll send chills up your spine. During lunch, what was it the students were talking about? ROGER...everyone was so happy for him. And to top it off, we had some Freshman make 2 big signs saying congrats and hung them in the front lobby! I'd have to say I love it here in Greenbrier, however...if Fulton has 15 Rogers I might consider moving!!!!! :(

But back to Saturday...I agree with what alot of you have said...the one with the most heart will win this ball game. And everyone is talking about how these bobcats have been together for SO MANY YEARS....well I can personally say I've been there with them every step of the way (from jr. pro to middle school and now high school)...and if they play like the team I've seen over the past however many years its been....they'll pull out the victory whether it be 3-0, 12-10, or even 14-13!!! (Not predictions, just random scores)

Not saying Fulton wont play with heart because in a game like this, who doesn't? I just have that feeling.

Good Luck Cats....last game of the season...go out with a Bang!!!

Can someone from Fulton please tell me if #99 from last year graduated or is still at Fulton? I have heard both sides so im trying to figure that one out. About the game this Saturday i think that the crowd will play a big part of the outcome of the game. What is the fan base for Fulton do they bring alot of people, or are they like kingsbury and not have but maybe 100 fans? Although i am a die hard GB fan if kingsbury would have had more fans last week i believe that it could have been a different story, glad that it wasnt but could have been. I know that GB will have tons of fans and not only from Greenbrier but white house and many other places. I know that this will prolly be the best team that greenbrier has faced all year, although they have played a great DL team and a great white house team just to name a couple they may not have been matched up against a team like Fulton. Just goin off what everyone on here from SC or Fulton are saying. Obvioulsy they are good, but it seems like not to many ppl are giving us a chance, which is fine, but dont be to cocky cause just when you think you got it won.....BOOM there come them boys from Greenbrier all over you again. Someone on here said that Fulton won state when they beat AE or something like that well if thats the case maybe we should just give them the gold ball. Just wait this is no different then any of us Greenbrier people have heard before you'll see you'll see!

first off being in the same region as mr herndon and watching him play for the last 3 years was always fun, but also painful because of what he did to my team. but all that aside he is an excellent person on and off the world and i have nothin but respect. he deserved mr football. congratulations from all of us at sycamore

secondly in almost all of fultons games who evers had the most turnovers and penalties has lost (i.e LC who wasnt as good as fulton) fulton seems to be undisiplined sometimes when it comes to penalties. all the athletes in knoxville wont make up for costly penalties and turnovers. greenbrier will not give the ball to you. their kick coverage is excellent and no single player will bring herndon down by himself. if fultons DBs are looking in the backfield against this wing-t they will get burnt with the fakes and the play action. also if fulton is young up the middle as i hear they will have a LONG LONG night against this big country fed o-line. the big boys take alot of pride in makin holes for all the talented backs. fulton wont sustain a long drive against this stingy d and it will take a big play to score but i dont see to many of those happening.defense win championships, but disipline helps along the way. greenbriers disipline, and fultons lack of, wins this game.

BOBCATS-23

FALCONS-11

Tickets will be on sale at Greenbrier High School..

Day time go to the Office

Tuesday Night they will be on Sale during the basketball game with White House.

Buy your ticket at the school and support your team...

$10.00 per ticket will get you in to all 3 games

Spread The Word

Go Bobcats

Edited by painter

Dang man I hope you understand the 3A championship game is on Saturday right :(

825458395[/snapback]

Force of habit tellin the guys to win on a Friday night!!! THANKS a whole lot for the reminder!!! I really appreciate it!!! Im really glad youre on top of things around here!!! I woulda felt dumb if that woulda stayed there!!! Almost as dumb as someone who takes their time to sarcastically point it out!!!! Make sure and come out SATURDAY to root us on!!! Thanks again!!! thumb

Edited by GBT57

Greenbriar keys to beat Fulton:

1. Be more physical than them- they are young up front.

2. Have your center occupy MLB. He doesn't do well wants you are engaged with him.

3. Cut the big #40. He will get off high and look for the ball.

4. Try their secondary deep on play action. They have a tendacy to look in the backfield.

5. Win the field position war.Protect and cover on punt team. They returners can give them good field position. Stop the kick return.

6. Play 4 quarters. Fulton plays and wins on emotion. If you get a head they have quit before. But remember they are playing  on emotion and feels they are destined.

7. Win time of possession. Establish a running game and force them to play catch up.

8. In the past 3 years what I noticed about their coaches is if the offense is off the field their coahces will panic and try to score quick. They don't have patience. Point in fact AE 2002.Fulton had the ball and momentum but threw 3 plays in a row and had to punt ot AE.

But still hope for the breaks.  All big games are made by who get the breaks.

825457772[/snapback]

Lookie Here at the IRONY...An AE fan posting keys to beating Fulton. You would think that you would have let your coaches in on these "little SECRETS"!!

The fact is...you can get on here and post 10, even 20, keys for Beating the Falcons...but following through with your keys is a more difficult scenario. Yeah we have weaknesses, most every team does. The real problem lies in the fact of exposing those weaknesses…that is the true Challenge. What separates our Program with others (esp. AE) is the fact that we have coaches that take the extra time and effort to develop our players, on and off the field, and instill an understanding of what it takes to rise above adversity, and how to perform like and ultimately be a CHAMPION!!!

Like I have said before:

This game will be won by the team that exhibits a combination of Good Players/Athletes, and these INTANGIBLES: Heart, Preparation, Game-planning/adjustments by the Coaches, Conditioning and Knowing how to win in pressure situations!!! No one player will beat the Falcons, and we definitely will not lose by underestimating our opponent!

HLFAN68- You speak of discipline as a key to beating the Falcons. Well, last week we faced one of the most disciplined defenses/team in the state (SC) and came out victorious. If you think that is our weakness, then you are going to be in for a rude awakening…a team doesn’t make it to the Championship 3 years in a row and amass a 37-4 record the last three years without a high emphasis in the discipline department.

Go Falcons…Play Like Champions!!!

Edited by msmoker21

I have always said that the winner of the AE vs Fulton game would win the state. I think that the Falcons are flying high right now and they want another ring. Greenbrier is a good team however they have not faced a team with the overall team speed as Fulton. Fulton should win this game if they take care of the ball and not have any turnovers.

Fulton 28 Greenbrier 14

Force of habit tellin the guys to win on a Friday night!!! THANKS a whole lot for the reminder!!! I really appreciate it!!! Im really glad youre on top of things around here!!! I woulda felt dumb if that woulda stayed there!!! Almost as dumb as someone who takes their time to sarcastically point it out!!!! Make sure and come out SATURDAY to root us on!!!  Thanks again!!!  thumb

825458495[/snapback]

Ill come Friday to root for Greenbrier :D and then Saturday Ill be rooting for Fulton :( !!!!

HLFAN68- You speak of discipline as a key to beating the Falcons.  Well, last week we faced one of the most disciplined defenses/team in the state (SC) and came out victorious.  If you think that is our weakness, then you are going to be in for a rude awakening…a team doesn’t make it to the Championship 3 years in a row and amass a 37-4 record the last three years without a high emphasis in the discipline department.

825458522[/snapback]

i cant see any team being as disciplined as greenbrier and if you didnt notice sc only played one half of football expect greenbrier to play 48 minutes. 33 points isnt that hard to put up against a team that cant stop the pass i know our db's didnt start the year out that good but i havent seen them give up a big play in a while and dont expect to get a throw off when you got #57,67,89, and 59 in your face all day. greenbrier has a offense that does nothing but get better each week.Aldridge throwing and herndon,pigg,dill, and russell running fulton should will have to know where each player is at on the field or they will give up a few big plays. now i am not saying greenbrier is going to win or anything. it should be a good game and i can't wait for saturday.