Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

26 - 6 Fulton

I'm really not impressed with Greenbriar. They had a ton of chances and couldn't get it done.

On a second note - is anyone watching CSS in Chattanooga, Ch27? They don't have any commercials, and during the breaks the commentators are still live on the mic, but I don't think they realize that their voices are still broadcast. They wanted Greenbriar to win. Too bad.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier killed themselves early not taking advantage of the turnovers. You have to capitalize on those. Fulton was by far the more athletic team and it showed in the second half. I was surprised to not see more play action from Greenbrier like the one they used on the touchdown. #40 for Fulton was a man and single handedly controlled the line of scrimmage. Greenbrier looked like a lot of Wing-T teams--limited, and when the bread and butter stopped working they looked lost offensively. Congrats to Fulton on another championship and congrats to Greenbrier for a great season. Fulton will be back next year with seven sophomores starting on the defense. That is sick.

Congrats to Fulton...and also congrats to a very good Greenbrier team. Unfortunately...it went about like I thought it would. When Fulton saw they could run in the 2nd half...it was over. It was almost a carbon copy of our game with Fulton. Greenbrier couldn't stop the run...we couldn't stop the pass. Fulton had 4 turnovers and still won by 28. That's a testament to how good they are. Herndon is a great player.

Edited by Antwan

i do believe fulton fans hyped their players a little too much but i will agree that most of their playmakers are very exceptional athletes. they did impress me. but i dont think it was the WR or or athletic skill position people that dominated this game. it was fultons O-line and D-line that took this game over in the second half. bishop and matthews contributions were minimal compared to #40. that guy was a beast. not a 4.5 beast, but a player none the less. congrats greenbrier on a good season. and congrats fulton on being the best 3a team in the state. you falcons showed it today. cant wait till 3a starts up next year. only 8 months away.......

Well, I couldn't make it to the game today, but I watched it on TV. I'm proud of you falcons!!! As is the rest of the Fulton community. You've represented well, on and off the field. Way to get those rings! You struggled in the first half, didn't play your game, but you recovered, something you're known for. Maybe the "Fourth Quarter Falcons"?!?!?! Anyway.....congrats....especially to the Seniors. Mr Fine.....you played your best game today....I tip my hat to you.

WAY TO GO BOYS.....and just imagine.....this was an off-year....I can't wait til August!

Good Job Fulton ,you guys were by far the better team ,i guess we just couldnt handle the turf LOL.

825467848[/snapback]

Maybe in the words of your own #89 at the WH/GB basketball game " ya'll got it handed to you in the 'boro! But anyway, congrats on a great year, you represented Your side of the bracket well.

See you next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!