Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its been mentioned that 22 years ago Tim Johnson won the State wearing #22. That same number is worn by Darrien Waters. And when add 22 + 22 you get  44. I like it !

Another little side note:

When Tim Johnson scored on a ten yard run to beat Gallatin in 1982, he handed the referee the ball, who in turn handed it to a TSSAA person, who then handed it to the Clinic Bowl President that year. In all the confusion the ball ended up going home with him and was in his garage for years. Over the years his son and he played with it and then it would sit in his garage. His son played football for Franklin in 2000 and 2001 before dedicatinfg himself full time to wrestling. In 2002, when Tim took over as Head Football coach, that same family was packing up to move from one side of town to the other and buried back in a corner of the garage was the ball. Twenty years later, Tim Johnson was finally given his game ball!

825466061[/snapback]

Good story!

Tim sure deserved the game ball that's for sure.

Up until a few years back when we had a player killed and his jersey was retired, Tim Johnson was the only player in Lincoln County's short but very successful football history to have his jersey retired, and it still hangs in the trophy case, at the school along with three gold footballs and numerous region championship plaques and other awards. I can't think of anyone more deserving of his success than Tim Johnson, a class act from the word go!

Good story!

Tim sure deserved the game ball that's for sure.

Up until a few years back when we had a player killed and his jersey was retired, Tim Johnson was the only player in Lincoln County's short but very successful football history to have his jersey retired, and it still hangs in the trophy case, at the school along with three gold footballs and numerous region championship plaques and other awards. I can't think of anyone more deserving of his success than Tim Johnson, a class act from the word go!

825467150[/snapback]

Great post/ Think he might use it today

Just want to wish the best of health to both teams. Coach Johnson is a class act, but he won't be able to beat Riverdale tonight. Riverdale has good coaching, outstanding athletes, and they've been here before without being able to taste victory. Because of that, they'll play extremely hard and knock off Franklin tonight. I think it will be a better game than a lot of people expect though.

Go to bed and quit drinking

825467381[/snapback]

Given the way the 1A and 2A games went last night, Franklin might chose to be trailing at the half. DCA rallied from 24 to 7 down at the half to win in OT and Alcoa rallied from 34 to 26 at the half to win. Seriously, I know they don't really care as much about the halftime score as they do the final. Both teams are 0 and 0 tonight with one game, 48 minutes, for all the marbles. Good luck to both teams, and may the best team win!! Not only will the gold football go to middle TN but the silver as well, how great is that?