Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

Great moments are born from great opportunity. That's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played them ten times, they might win nine, but not this game. Not tonight. ...Tonight, we stay with them, and we shut them down, because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest football team in the state. ...You were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done, it's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team the Warriors have. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!

~Taken from the movie Miracle with a couple obvious changes... this is it for me until after tonight...

GO REBELS!!!

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can there be any doubt now?

825468007[/snapback]

No doubt at all! All the "Trash Talk" is behind, it was like watching a pee wee team against a college team, Riverdale dominated and proved they are the best while Franklin proved they made it to the finals by scheer luck. Riverdale has some awesome talent, Franklin was talentless. End of story!

I have to say when we played y'all last year i knew you were a good team. but last week i have a new prediction. That  next year you will be a top contendor for the golden ball and should have atleast one Mr. football nomination,

825465540[/snapback]

Yep...the championship game doesn't always have the best two teams. Riverdale was and for now is the best. This year in all the games but 5a the competition was tougher and great games. In 5A, well, you Warriors showed your stuff pretty well. I think the best thing Franklin did was NOT to score early...if they had, well, the margin might have been larger. That puts bees in the Warriors britches and they score more!

Don't know for sure why Franklin didn't try to pass more...then again, Riverdale can pass, too, even if that wasn't needed too much tonight.

WE at OR are a fairly junior team and do expect to be there next year. Except for the current QB and a few others, key folks will be in the lineup next year. There are guys to fill those positions. We look forward to another match up with "last years champ"...that being next year!

Congrats Warriors! I knew after we played, you would take the gold.

God Bless. Dart.