USJ

krp

I think USJ has the same problem that Cloudland has had in the past. It's too easy for them to rule their region. I think they get lulled into thinking they are unbeatable because wining comes easy in a lot of their games and they start taking it for granted. There seems to be a pattern that the better the competition the better teams become as the year goes by even if they lose some. So one would assume the answer is play the best teams as you can schedule outside your region games. Of course if all your games are region games then I guess your just out of luck. I think this is the way Boyd got much better than they used to be. I could be wrong though, it could be that old recruiting rearing it's ugly head. Ha! Ha!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think USJ has the same problem that Cloudland has had in the past. It's too easy for them to rule their region. I think they get lulled into thinking they are unbeatable because wining comes easy in a lot of their games and they start taking it for granted. There seems to be a pattern that the better the competition the better teams become as the year goes by even if they lose some. So one would assume the answer is play the best teams as you can schedule outside your region games. Of course if all your games are region games then I guess your just out of luck. I think this is the way Boyd got much better than they used to be. I could be wrong though, it could be that old recruiting rearing it's ugly head. Ha! Ha!

825455377[/snapback]

I actually think this was one of the better USJ teams. They played a decent schedule and beat 2 3A teams and a 4A team in route to 13-0. Most year I would have brought up how weak their schedule was, but this year the 10-0 was actually legit. I just think DCA is that good and should win the 1A title this week.

But, I am ready to see how USJ fairs in that West TN super region next year. Something tells me the days of 10-0 are long gone.

I think USJ was a good team this year, and their schedule wasn't as easy as it has been in the past, but with them moving up to 2A and into a super region next year, Those boys are going to realize the meaning of 2-a-days and spring training. Welcome to the big leagues.

825455701[/snapback]

AMEN!! but i wish they were still going to play JCS thats always a good game that a lot of people look forward to.....does anyone think there will still be a chance of that game happening next year just for the fun of it?

I heard today that USJ's non-region games are going to be JCS, TCA, and either Bruceton or Fayette Academy. Take that with a grain of salt, of course, but we'll see. You guys are right, USJ is not going to be able to dominate next year. But, then again, what team in that region will? None of them, fun times and great football are ahead in West TN.

krp, USJ is a very good team. They beat 3A teams Southside, a Quarterfinalist in the playoffs, McNairy Central, a playoff team in 3A, during the year that beat 2A Riverside also. I feel they just ran into a buzzsaw in DCA. The best single A team in the state. After getting the opportunity to see Boyd in the semifinal game over Thanksgiving break I believe the are in for a rude awakening Friday in Murfreesboro. Boyd had an easy track to the title game beating some very average single A competition. After seeing Coalfield they would have had trouble getting out of the first round in west TN this year. DCA looks to be a team on a mission and I feel the 1A game could get out of hand. Prediction DCA 33 Boyd 6

USJ made it to the A state semi-finals doing what they always do.

Great out-of-region scheduling, and having one of the fastest defenses in west Tennessee, without the size.

Hats off to DCA and to what should've been 2 straight A Championships, from a Region 7 fan.

825458189[/snapback]

I was at the DCA-USJ game and their lack of size definitely hurt them.