Franklin = lehigh?

Gripper

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrestled against Franklin last night and they are pound for pound the toughest team I have seen from 112-160 along with 189. They have alot of leaders in their older kids, and many great young wrestlers who with some work will be great if not better than their older brothers. I would not count out Franklin, they are well coached and their kids are warriors.

What makes you think they are overrated? They have several state placers. Their younger wrestlers will surprise a lot of people. I'm struggling to think of holes in their line-up. 103? HWT? 215? Maybe someone closer to their program can fill in the details. The Konz, Felix, and Ortiz brothers will win a lot of matches. Kirn and Heacock are strong. Bond Davis has a great shot to win state. I just don't see what you're talking about.

Edited by MillsHalf

I work with this team on a weekly basis, I even reffed their wrestle offs two weekends ago. They are very strong right now, and are only going to get stronger. They do have holes at 215 and heavyweight right now, but hello Franklin's big boys are playing in their first state championship this weekend in football. Also, these guys have a lot of people that want to see them do well and are helping them to achieve their goals. There is a lot of hype, and so far they have done a great job of shaking it off and continuing to work hard. I would not count these guys out this year, or several more to come.

I'm not ready to count them out - they have the potential and the right leadership over the last few years to make them champions. The question is how bad do they want it? I've seen them on the mats this year and they show a lot of promise, they have the strength but they need to be able to go the distance!

Rebels - You know I'm proud of you, but quit monkeying around and get to business. You know what you need to be doing, now get the job done! If you want the championships then get on the mat and work hard, get your conditioning where it needs to be, become pinning machines.

OVERRATED? Who do you think should be rated above them? Given, I have seen better high school teams in Tennessee in recent years, but as of right now I can't think of any this year that I would say is better from top to bottom. I'm sure some team will come along and challenge them for that top spot, but I couldn't tell you right now who that team will be. I hope someone does challenge and push them. That could make them push themselves to become more than they are and it is always fun to watch a team grow to its potential.

I agree with most, that there has been huge talk of Franklin being a shoe in for the state title, and they did show that they were vulnerable yesterday in the dual with Tullahoma (which i did referee), but, as of right now, they have the best chance at winning state (as of now). Most people may think that they are overrated because they are looking for the team that is supposed to have the state on lockdown to blow all teams out of the water, and they definitely did not do that to Tullahoma on yesterday. But, as a few people has said, there are a few factors that have factored in to Franklin not blowing people out of the water. I noticed in the match with Tullahoma that they did give up 215 and Hwt. That alone was 12 points. They were pinned at 171 for another 6. Pair that one with the Bond Davis loss to Max Gessler for another 3. They forfeited again at 103 for another 6. Now at this point I believe Franklin did Dominate. They had pins at almost every other weight. As the official on the mat, I honestly think from what i saw, that most people should take a closer look at Tullahoma. Those guys DEFINITELY had the look of focus when they took the mat, and they definitely came at them as hard as they could. The rebels have a 103 that is waiting to certify and their 215 and Hwt will be in the room starting next week. In this one example, there may possibly be a difference in at least 18 of the points that they gave away.

Definately NOT over-rated. Will be in the hunt for it all in both the Duals and the Indivdual team titles.

825461879[/snapback]

What school are you affiliated with, Chick? <_< How are we guys in region 5 supposed to take you seriously unless you know all the facts? It's like me trying to assume things about some team(s) in region 3 or something. Sound familliar?

Now you are in an area I stay a little current on. I have been blessed to see several teams' practices all over the state and I have seen several teams in action, especially in this area. It's Franklin hands down guys!! We must consider Baylor to be a close second. Collins Hill, GA will challenge Franklin and could win in Cleveland next week, in spite of RMC's concerns :P . Chick, now Baylor and Collins Hill WILL definitely be close to, but I see no one else really giving the Rebels a challenge. McCallie and BC are close for third in my mind, Clarksville, Science Hill and Farragut, with several in the fight for a top ten slot.

That's the way I see it and we'll all know more in the next few weeks. It's true that the McCallie tourney will be a true indicator. It will be interesting.

soms