Who is the best team ever in TSSAA history?

str8stylin

That team was indeed awesome, but seeing that they lost a game (to MBA), and the team that beat them didn't even win the state title in its league (Father Ryan did with a 12-0 record), I'm not sure we could vote the '97 PCHS team as best ever. They certainly had some studs, though.

We lost to MBA but go get that game film and see for yourself what happen.But all these team everybody talking bout if they line down against us that year i bet they would say different.But in the end we met our goal and that was to win the state so we can't complain.

Pearl Cohn was the most talented team I ever seen. They had no discipline at all. They had over 200 yds in penalties in the state title game vs Maryville. I can see why a team like MBA beat them. I believe that Maryville had stage fright in that game. Maryville was behind 36-9 at halftime. Pearl Cohn scored on a blocked punt and interception return. Pearl Cohn was a much better team than Maryville.

Rebelron come on to sit here and say we wasn't discipline ,Then you didn't get a chance to see us play nothing but that one game against Maryville then, A Coach Fitzgerald team will always be discipline, But as far as the state title game you said we had 200 yards in penalties well maryville should be glad cause it could've been 100 to 9.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

2010 Signal Mountain was one of the best teams that I've ever seen. It seems like every game of the regular season was shortened due to the mercy rule leading to an undefeated season and a State Championship. Their offense was incredible.

Not that impressive when you consider they had twice as many students and players as everybody else in 2A.

• Upvote 1

Out of the teams I've followed and seen, I would say the 1972 Tennessee High team, or the 1995 Brentwood Academy team. The Tennessee High team were national champions and BA was the most complete team I've ever seen. The BA team had the most dominating defense this state has seen. The starting defense was loaded with college players. Here is their lineup and college they played at:

DE Air Force
DT MTSU
NG nowhere
DT Memphis
DE Tennessee
LB Nebraska
LB Georgia Military ( Tito Lee. The best player on the team, but didn't qualify)
CB Virginia Tech
CB Tennessee
SS Vanderbilt
FS Tennessee

Most of these guys played on offense too. An offense that had another receiver that went to Ole Miss and a tackle that went to Texas.

• 9 months later...

Here's another great one the 1944 10-0 Baylor football team. They were most likely best in Tennessee in 1944.

Soddy Daisy W 33-6

Chattanooga High W 33-8

Stevenson(AL) W 27-0

Castle Heights W 32-0

Red Bank W 35-0

Columbus(GA) W 40-13

Darlington(GA) W 26-6

CMA W 58-7

Greenbrier Military(WV) W 38-0

Chattanooga Central W 19-6

• 3 months later...