Who is the best team ever in TSSAA history?

str8stylin

I forgot 1993 they went to 5 classifications.  I saw on Riverdale's website where they beat Cleveland in the playoffs in 1992, but they were only 3A that year.  My mistake.

825469012[/snapback]

That was the last loss Cleveland had before going on their 54 game winning streak. Cleveland was undefeated in 92 and it was a great game but Riverdale pulled it off.

chattanooga central purple pounders were #1 in america for a number of years in the '60s, they got their name for killing so many teams then. my dad use to tell me hardly anyone in the city would play them so they had to play teams in many other states. i would put my 2000 red bank team up there too amongst the greatest too, how bout GERALD RIGGS' 182 RUSHING YARDS LAST NIGHT!!!

any of you riverdale fans remember that snowy state title game in 2000? cold as crap

chattanooga central purple pounders were #1 in america for a number of years in the '60s, they got  their name for killing so many teams then.  my dad use to tell me hardly anyone in the city would play them so they had to play teams in many other states.  i would put my 2000 red bank team up there too amongst the greatest too, how bout GERALD RIGGS' 182 RUSHING YARDS LAST NIGHT!!!

any of you riverdale fans remember that snowy state title game in 2000? cold as crap

825469804[/snapback]

I remember that miserable night in 2000.

What's amazing about Riggs is that not only did he have 182 yards rushing against a good Auburn defense in the SEC championship, he also went over the 1,000 yard mark for the season....and he ain't even the starter either. He became the first RB at Tennessee to go over 1,000 yards in a season since Travis Stephens in 2001.

Just from stovetop discussions........the Murfreesboro Central teams in the early 60's were thought to be some awesome teams. That was before the current classifications and I have no idea how many college prospects they had. Those teams were also in the segregation era. Wonder what the Isacc Litton alumni and fans would have to say about that! A little before my time I admit..........

Edited by ksgovols

The Murfreesboro Central team was truly one of the greats. My highschool played for them when they won state. I have talked to people who were around back then and they said that Central was so good that they could've beaten MTSU at the time, and possibly some other small colleges.