Basketball movies

WishIWasABaller

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Shadow has been our lives for years BigChief.....

A little off topic, but have any of you read the "Let Me Tell You A Story" book about Red Auerbach written by John Feinstein? it's pretty good too!

I think I've saw that "Pistol Pete" movie, don't they have a clip where his Dad is driving down the road in the car and he is dribbling the ball out the car window?

Not a movie, but a book I jist finished... "My Losing Season" by Pat Conroy about playing at the Citadel. Other books: Season on the Brink by Feinstein about a season with the Indiana Hoosiers and Divided Loyalties by Bobby Hurley Sr. about coaching his high school team, while dealing with two sons playing college ball

.....well I haven't seen Coach Carter yet, but I have seen alot of the movies that have been mentioned in previous posts. But in my opinon the best basketball movie has to be...Hoosiers.....I mean that is the way basketball used to be when I played and it is close to the way I was taught about the game, and I never get tired of watching it. Team work and I like when he plays with 4 players because if I was a coach....I would rather have 4 players doing what I asked then to have 4 players doing what they want to....it would take guts from a coach to be willing to do that.....that is having princples and sticking with them!!!!!!!!!

Yeah out of all of them I think that Coach Carter is the best one maybe becuase it is one of the newest and it also relates to what many kids go through today. It's the best basketball movie I have seen. Hoosiers aint all that good to me because it's real old. Coach Carter was good because it's new and it really gets on the young people's level.