Who will coach Obion County next season?

oc_rebel_25

Son,you have no idea how I understand...

If Sisco has made remarks like that and has had predominately black teams then he needs to go somewhere of brighter color...But not Obion Central....

BTW...It is spelled S..I..S..C..O...

825578631[/snapback]

I totally agree with you if color is going to play a part to whether he goes to OCCHS then he needs to stay there and deal with his color issues and never come here to the county.We already are getting rid of one dont need another. When you have troubles about colore you need to say where you are and dont put your beliefs on blacks to those who have no issues of them so sisco stay where you are we dont need you nor do we want you

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand where the last few posts are coming from regarding the topic that is being discussed.. As it relates to the coaching ability of all of the names that have been mentioned on this post, any one them would be a nice fit to the OC boys program.. Hard work and determination will pay off in the end.. Even though UC is moving down to 1A, with Dyersburg and Milan coming to 13AA next season, this has the makings to be one of the toughest boys districts around.. You have to be prepared to play the teams for other parts of WEST TN like the Haywood Co. ,Bolivar, etc. :D

But whoever comes in, out with the old and in with the New, No More Van Halen's "JUMP" to come out on the floor with :D How bout something more upbeat like Van Morrison!!! thumb

THE RUMOR MILL HAS INTRODUCED A NEW NAME  ( HATCHER)!

A GOOD MAN AND A GREAT PROVEN COACH WHO MAY RETIRE THIS YEAR IN KY.

thumb

OUR CURRENT AD RETIRED  FROM KY AND MADE THE MOVE.

COACH HATCHER WOULD BE OUR BEST CHOICE FOR THE JOB!

thumb

825581264[/snapback]

Get Hatcher and be ready for a BUNCH of 35 to 30 games.

Some of the names mentioned I am not familiar with. I would not like to see Obion cty go back to the slow down games as mentioned in some post here.Iwould hope maybe if someone in one of the feeder schools is qualified and able to put some excitement back in the program it would be great. But, who ever gets the job the administration has to back them. If they have any doubt they should not hire them. Whoever is hired will need the support from everyone.

I am a white male who is a fan of Peabody sports and in a way affiliated with Clint Sisco and Peabody. Because of my ethnicity, I can assure you that I have heard many jokes and rude comments in my lifetime regarding young African American men and women. I can also assure you that Clint Sisco has never said anything or done anything that I know of that could be construed as derogatory toward a black student or athlete. In fact, Clint is very complementary of his basketball players as well as other students in the school, regardless of color.

The ones on this string who are insinuating otherwise are doing so for a reason.

First of all, Tidepride has a son that plays on the team and has been benched. His is what some coaches might refer to as a disease or a cancer, for even the kids say that he does nothing but break down the body of the team with innuendo and spiteful talk. Tidepride would love to see Sisco leave Trenton, but he is incorrect if he thinks some other person will play his son next year, for he will be an upperclassmen, and there will be at least two sophomores and for sure one freshman who could easily take his place. Robert Yancey and Rafael Miller are already better than several of the upperclassmen, as evidenced by their playing time while the older boys sit on the bench. Preston Fields, younger brother of Dex Fields, will be a freshman next year, and would easily start for many programs in the west tennessee area. Rossi Jones, another soon to be freshman, has a larger and stronger body than anyone who is a sophomore or junior at this time. Therefore, the playing days of a kid who is a troublemaker and not very good to begin with are for certain numbered.

giggleyfly likewise has an ax to grind, but identifying it would identify him, and i want to be as cordial as I can.

I can understand questions about a coaches play calling or his line-up decisions, but to accuse a man of racism and desparage his name is unacceptable and WHOEVER IS MODERATING THIS STRING SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

THE RUMOR MILL HAS INTRODUCED A NEW NAME  ( HATCHER)!

A GOOD MAN AND A GREAT PROVEN COACH WHO MAY RETIRE THIS YEAR IN KY.

OUR CURRENT AD RETIRED  FROM KY AND MADE THE MOVE.

COACH HATCHER WOULD BE OUR BEST CHOICE FOR THE JOB!

Hatcher doesn't have enough years in Kentucky to draw his full retirement benefits. He is a few years away, and considering that he is also the AD at Graves, it would take a substantial offer, money-wise, to lure him from there.

Some may not like Hatcher or his style of play, but there is no doubt that he is a very good coach. His record, 600-plus wins and a slew of regional titles, speaks for itself.

I am a white male who is a fan of Peabody sports and in a way affiliated with Clint Sisco and Peabody.  Because of my ethnicity, I can assure you that I have heard many jokes and rude comments in my lifetime regarding young African American men and women.  I can also assure you that Clint Sisco has never said anything or done anything that I know of that could be construed as derogatory toward a black student or athlete.  In fact, Clint is very complementary of his basketball players as well as other students in the school, regardless of color.

The ones on this string who are insinuating otherwise are doing so for a reason.

First of all, Tidepride has a son that plays on the team and has been benched.  His is what some coaches might refer to as a disease or a cancer, for even the kids say that he does nothing but break down the body of the team with innuendo and spiteful talk.  Tidepride would love to see Sisco leave Trenton, but he is incorrect if he thinks some other person will play his son next year, for he will be an upperclassmen, and there will be at least two sophomores and for sure one freshman who could easily take his place. Robert Yancey and Rafael Miller are already better than several of the upperclassmen, as evidenced by their playing time while the older boys sit on the bench.  Preston Fields, younger brother of Dex Fields, will be a freshman next year, and would easily start for many programs in the west tennessee area. Rossi Jones, another soon to be freshman, has a larger and stronger body than anyone who is a sophomore or junior at this time.  Therefore, the playing days of a kid who is a troublemaker and not very good to begin with are for certain numbered.

giggleyfly likewise has an ax to grind, but identifying it would identify him, and i want to be as cordial as I can.

I can understand questions about a coaches play calling or his line-up decisions, but to accuse a man of racism and desparage his name is unacceptable and WHOEVER IS MODERATING THIS STRING SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

825592867[/snapback]

Mudlane,

First of all I am a white Male just as yourself. I remember from a few weeks ago thinking I was this person. If you want to think that then you will. If you read any of my previous posts I have said nothing about a race card, or anything like that. I have not even mentioned the above players benching. I did think Easley was solid early in the season, but didnt bring any offensive productivity to the table. So your implication is very off base. It seems to me that you have a personal vendatta vs this kid, or his father. I have been a PHS supporter for many years, served on the booster club for many years as well. As a matter of fact I have helped fund your program. I do in fact know who you are and have known it for a while. As for Coach Sisco I applaud him for taking us to the Susbstate. Does that make him a good coach...no, but we havent been to substate in about 9 years. Does that mean he can relate to black player...hmm Im not sure about that. I just remember situations that have happened over the past with this guy, and Lake Co can tell you the same. But dont get on here and accuse me of using a race card when you dont even know who I am. You know what they say about people who ASSume....

Edited by Tidepride

After what I read about Sisco he definitely doesnt need to be there even though there isnt any blacks on the team if he has a color problem we dont need him.We may get a couple on there in the coming years so a big NO to him . Curt Lee I think would be a find choice as would Bill Kail the boys need someone to really be there and they respect you got to give it to recieve it .And no we dont want Davis back that is for sure we have enough humiliation and dont need anymore the only credit he should get is 4 taking the team but isnt that what he really wanted amyway think about it.He showed no remorse about  losing but iwould when a parent says something about his kid or a kid show emotions and let the kids know you have faith in them without just sitting and smiling

825583821[/snapback]

Don't go bashing Coach Davis. Russ is a good man. He could have easily said no to taking over the team, but he was loyal to those kids and did so. You can't have a team unless you have talent. Obviously, there is not a lot of talent at OC. Kids just don't work at basketball like they used to at OCCHS. I could be wrong about that, but don't go bashing Coach Davis. He deserves some credit, and besides, when you are getting your brains bashed in, sometimes all you can do is grin and bear it. Good luck to whoever they get to coach the team, because they have a struggle ahead of them.

Mudlane,

First of all I am a white Male just as yourself. I remember from a few weeks ago thinking I was this person. If you want to think that then you will. If you read any of my previous posts I have said nothing about a race card, or anything like that. I have not even mentioned the above players benching. I did think Easley was solid early in the season, but didnt bring any offensive productivity to the table. So your implication is very off base. It seems to me that you have a personal vendatta vs this kid, or his father. I have been a PHS supporter for many years, served on the booster club for many years as well. As a matter of fact I have helped fund your program. I do in fact know who you are and have known it for a while. As for Coach Sisco I applaud him for taking us to the Susbstate. Does that make him a good coach...no, but we havent been to substate in about 9 years. Does that mean he can relate to black player...hmm Im not sure about that. I just remember situations that have happened over the past with this guy, and Lake Co can tell you the same. But dont get on here and accuse me of using a race card when you dont even know who I am. You know what they say about people who ASSume....

825593387[/snapback]

I owe you a sincere apology. It is not a vendetta, just that I hate to see someone who is a good man (It is not my position to say whether or not he is a good coach) be desparaged. Please accept my apology, and I will not ASSume in the future.