Week 6: Heritage at Maryville

BigDave1967

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gaim rite hear iz rill scirry......Hairatige weal come inn wif  all guns blarin'....runnin thait hurry hit upp offence wif all tham good reeceevurs and big ole Bledsoe inn tha baickfeeled two hend hit oft two.....And ewe nose wif Coach Ham coachin' thay weal knott qwit..... :mellow:

Maryville may beat them by a bunch, but from what I have seen, Stars, you are right about one thing.....they will fight you to the very end with all they have, there is no quit in those young men.

Could this be the perfect storm for Heritage to pull off the upset of the century. Let's take a look at the situation we have on hand. This is the week Maryville let's out of school for fall break and a lot of people go on vacation and say the heck with football  because we have this one in the bag so look for a small crowd on the Maryville side. This is also the week the kids that are failing school go to Intervention classes to turn their "F" magically into a "D" so some can continue playing on the football team and getting set up for failure. Sorry had to throw that one in because The coach I played for at Maryville wouldn't put up with that crap which it is. The other part of the perfect storm is the injury situation that has completely taken out the whole starting backfield plus one of the key reserves  and we could be very strapped there and losing a promising sophomore earlier  in the year could come back and bite us on the tail. Also we lost one of the linebackers for this game that is tough as they come and is a big part of that great defense. Now throw in possible rainy conditions Friday Night and this could be a better game than most might think. Still think Maryville wins this one but these elements are all in place for the perfect storm so I wouldn't miss this for my life and shame on those that have a season ticket and show up disguised as an empty seat this week. 

Could this be the perfect storm for Heritage to pull off the upset of the century. Let's take a look at the situation we have on hand. This is the week Maryville let's out of school for fall break and a lot of people go on vacation and say the heck with football  because we have this one in the bag so look for a small crowd on the Maryville side. This is also the week the kids that are failing school go to Intervention classes to turn their "F" magically into a "D" so some can continue playing on the football team and getting set up for failure. Sorry had to throw that one in because The coach I played for at Maryville wouldn't put up with that crap which it is. The other part of the perfect storm is the injury situation that has completely taken out the whole starting backfield plus one of the key reserves  and we could be very strapped there and losing a promising sophomore earlier  in the year could come back and bite us on the tail. Also we lost one of the linebackers for this game that is tough as they come and is a big part of that great defense. Now throw in possible rainy conditions Friday Night and this could be a better game than most might think. Still think Maryville wins this one but these elements are all in place for the perfect storm so I wouldn't miss this for my life and shame on those that have a season ticket and show up disguised as an empty seat this week. 

Is Burgess hurt, too? Maryville has had the injury bug hit them this year. Most years they have been lucky to not have it bite them in terms of the QB and RB's at the skill positions.

Is Burgess hurt, too? Maryville has had the injury bug hit them this year. Most years they have been lucky to not have it bite them in terms of the QB and RB's at the skill positions.

Yes he is and will be out this ball game. That alone could do a number on us. When you remove a bull out of the backfield like that it makes you wonder how the offense will react. A perfect example would be Alcoa not having Tyson against Heritage and then you might have really seen an upset. In this case Though the running game has had to make up for the lack in the passing game this year and all the sudden three backs are just gone, you lose one this year to Oak Ridge and the other leaves the team and all the sudden your hurting for running backs and how will the new QB's react to all of this mess will be the other thing. I personally think we seen the QB of the future the other night against Sevier County and really impressed many of the Rebel fans from what all I've heard since. The only problem here is not only did you have to grow up last week but your really going to grow even more this week because it will really be on your back. Talk about pressure because there is no doubt GQ is going to have to open up the passing game to take the heat off the running for a change. With the loss of what should of been five backs leaves you with a major debt problem the way we move kids in and out of the game and I expect even one of the freshman to be playing this week. The one big difference this week from last is Sevier played scared but Heritage will play mad so expect a better game unless the offense plays above it's head with what all has happened in just two week's time. Also remember we scored 16 against Hardin Valley and even though we hit Sevier for 38 we put 55 and 56 on them last year so something to think about. 

Yes he is and will be out this ball game. That alone could do a number on us. When you remove a bull out of the backfield like that it makes you wonder how the offense will react. A perfect example would be Alcoa not having Tyson against Heritage and then you might have really seen an upset. In this case Though the running game has had to make up for the lack in the passing game this year and all the sudden three backs are just gone, you lose one this year to Oak Ridge and the other leaves the team and all the sudden your hurting for running backs and how will the new QB's react to all of this mess will be the other thing. I personally think we seen the QB of the future the other night against Sevier County and really impressed many of the Rebel fans from what all I've heard since. The only problem here is not only did you have to grow up last week but your really going to grow even more this week because it will really be on your back. Talk about pressure because there is no doubt GQ is going to have to open up the passing game to take the heat off the running for a change. With the loss of what should of been five backs leaves you with a major debt problem the way we move kids in and out of the game and I expect even one of the freshman to be playing this week. The one big difference this week from last is Sevier played scared but Heritage will play mad so expect a better game unless the offense plays above it's head with what all has happened in just two week's time. Also remember we scored 16 against Hardin Valley and even though we hit Sevier for 38 we put 55 and 56 on them last year so something to think about. 

Wow, I knew Hopkins got hurt, but I didn't know about Burgess.....how bad is Ervin's knee?  Is Shinski healthy?  Sounds like #4 will get some touches this week, and they may even have to move #27 in there and let him carry it some.  GQ will figure something out......

Thanks for the injury report! I'm sure the Maryville Coaching staff apreciates it as well!!  :roflol:

I would concur. Unbelievable what some people post. Btw....the information is not completely accurate.

He left off the part about the 4 Star running back move in from Ennis, TX whose dad was just transferred from the Denso plant in Ennis, TX to Denso plant 201 located at 1720 Robert C Jackson Dr. Maryville, TN. He also left off the part about how his family brought a notarized letter from the UIL (Texas' High School Athletics Governing Body). 

EHS%20Football.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by Red Rebels