Week 6: Heritage at Maryville

BigDave1967

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barney,  isn't it funny how folks love to exaggerate (i.e. lie about) their "high school recruitment".  And parents are often the worst, trying to embellish their child's ability and how "in demand" he/she is.  A couple of years ago, I listened to a dad (who I've known most of his life) tell a bunch of us that Coach Quarles had called his 7th grade son on numerous occasions  to attempt to get him to come to Maryville.  Of course, he said, Coach Rankin had contacted him several times as well.  After he finished, I casually told him that Coach Quarles was my neighbor, that I spoke to him almost every day, and that I would certainly put in a good word for his son.  The dad suddenly got very uneasy, kind of red-faced, and told me, "that's ok, I wouldn't want you to do anything illegal."  :)

BTW , my eighth grade year at Bungalow Elementary, Coach Bill Wallace (from Friendsville High) came to my basketball practice one afternoon and told me I should consider coming to Friendsville High.  I did ... and was cut from the basketball team my freshman year !!!  Now there's a recruitment story for you.

He left off the part about the 4 Star running back move in from Ennis, TX whose dad was just transferred from the Denso plant in Ennis, TX to Denso plant 201 located at 1720 Robert C Jackson Dr. Maryville, TN. He also left off the part about how his family brought a notarized letter from the UIL (Texas' High School Athletics Governing Body).

EHS%20Football.jpg

:rolleyes:

Well I hope his last name is porter and he is in need of a slightly used letter jacket!

Fellers and rw87 lett me put my .01cents inn hear (ant got .02... pups inn collidge)....

- Barney ewe and Coach Story bettur knott eat two much gravy frum Herbs

- Gov-Man, Big Dad wuz knott doin' ennythang thait Coach Campbell, Osborne, orr Rainbow woodun't do wif a 5 STAR reecroot frum Bungylow Villige

- cR whur ewe ben man...???.....Saw JRoy yisterdee and wuz askin' abowt ewe....Do ewe nose ov enny good Wellsvul boys we mite bee abull two git two cairy tha male fer us Fridee nite...???..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

BTW , my eighth grade year at Bungalow Elementary, Coach Bill Wallace (from Friendsville High) came to my basketball practice one afternoon and told me I should consider coming to Friendsville High.  I did ... and was cut from the basketball team my freshman year !!!  Now there's a recruitment story for you.

like.png