Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

I keep hearing about Oneidas D. I'm looking forward to this game. Grace D is not too shabby either and their O has scored 89 points in the first two playoff games mostly on ground. They are playing better at the best time of the year. This will be a dog fight. Now let's go study some film. :)

Those dudes had the #3 ranked D in the state (all classes) heading into tonight. They're giving up 5.9 pts per game. Those boys are stingy up there. Going to be a fun week.

Guest Fall101

Those dudes had the #3 ranked D in the state (all classes) heading into tonight. They're giving up 5.9 pts per game. Those boys are stingy up there. Going to be a fun week.

Gonna be like a heavy weight boxin match! Who can take the most hits and still be standin at the end! Edited by Fall101

After seeing some of the stuff on the other thread, I want to say "Thank You" for giving us a little credit on the win vs HHS. You guys were tough and have a very bright 2015 ahead with what you have back. I appreciate your honesty, dogtruth.

I never said GCA didn't deserve credit for tonight...I said too many Dogs slacked off and didn't show heart and fight to the end...as they did against Oneida for example

From SPIKE, on Oneida vs Rockwood Thread:

"I loved every second of it! Rockwood played hard and made us play hard, hats off to Rockwood team and fans! As for Oneida and Grace I believe we have something for them, they may be bigger but they don't play with as much heart or toughness as Oneida! I can't wait for this one! I promise you it will be smash mouth. GCA ain't ready for this Oneida D"

Just thought some GCA folks might miss this one. You know, if it was buried in the other thread...

From SPIKE, on Oneida vs Rockwood Thread:

"I loved every second of it! Rockwood played hard and made us play hard, hats off to Rockwood team and fans! As for Oneida and Grace I believe we have something for them, they may be bigger but they don't play with as much heart or toughness as Oneida! I can't wait for this one! I promise you it will be smash mouth. GCA ain't ready for this Oneida D"

Just thought some GCA folks might miss this one. You know, if it was buried in the other thread...

In the interest of fairness. What was that "beat them like a drum" comment a few weeks ago? I couldn't even remember what topic that was in. Anybody else remember? :popcorneater::roflol: Edited by crow

After seeing some of the stuff on the other thread, I want to say "Thank You" for giving us a little credit on the win vs HHS. You guys were tough and have a very bright 2015 ahead with what you have back. I appreciate your honesty, dogtruth.

Thanks Pride. To be honest, for a long time (since 2008), I have had a bad taste in my mouth for GCA and it actually stemmed from basketball, when we lost to GCA in the sub-state and later on GCA was found to have used two ineligible players. I really felt bad for the Hampton players because for the rest of their life they are always going to have to wonder... what if?, what it would have been like to play in Murfreesboro, etc.   BUT WITH THAT BEING SAID, I can honestly say that I now believe that you guys are trying to do things the right way. I know you now have a new athletic director and you guys are playing by the rules. I also appreciate how GCA acted in our thread this year. GCA posters were complimentary of Hampton and our players and it was refreshing to see.

Bottom line is we just don't have the resources and athletes to build a program like you have now, and this not GCA's fault. You guys are proud and should be proud of what you have accomplished. Knoxville though is wayyyyy bigger than Hampton. Heck we are just now getting our first red light LOL. Our total population in Hampton is only around 2500 people. I believe the competitive teams that we are able to field year after year is quite amazing and that is a credit to our coaching staff.

I believe this is my longest response on here ever but the bad taste has left my mouth. Again, good luck to Grace and all the teams left in the playoffs. GCA your run game was impressive last night. If teams can't figure out how to stop that, then the sky is the limit this year for you all.