District 14A

lsj518

It was never a game.  I was able to attend the game and all they hype about Halls is a bunch of garbage.  Union City controlled the entire game.  Hall is like the other teams in the U C district, they need to worry about who will finish 2nd to last because U C has 1st already locked up.   Union City will play 11 to 13 deep once everyone is back, including the Stewart kid.  Get your tickets now to a show near you, come one come all, you will get your monies worth when you watch U C play.  Sorry Halls, you never had or will have a chance against the Purple and Gold.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like Union City and Mitchell need to go back to Class AA. That's ridiculous for those big schools to be in Class A against teams like Halls that don't have 200 kids. Talent can only take you so far. Good Luck to the Tornadoes and Tigers the rest of the season.

1A in basketball is comprised of 1A and 2A football combined. At the next reclassification UC will almost certainly move to 2A in football but will probably never reach 2A in basketball. 2A in basketball is made up of 3A and 4A in football.

Did not realize Halls had that many kids. Mitchell should be Class AA due to the fact that they can transfer to any school in Memphis without any consequences. Union City seems to be good year in and year out. A lot of people think they recruit or bring in talent from other places but who knows. I'm surprised Union City has under 500 students. 

Did not realize Halls had that many kids. Mitchell should be Class AA due to the fact that they can transfer to any school in Memphis without any consequences. Union City seems to be good year in and year out. A lot of people think they recruit or bring in talent from other places but who knows. I'm surprised Union City has under 500 students. 

I didn't either!  Being from Humboldt, it's tough seeing the steady decline.  There are internal education issues that have to be corrected or people will continue to move out.   Do you know what the cutoff is that seperates A from AA?

We haven't had 500 since maybe the early '90s

OK...So the holidays are over and we get back into district play...I noticed that the UC schedule has UC at Humboldt Sat. Jan.3rd...First, is that correct ?...Is it a rescheduled game because of the football team in the playoffs and second, it shows it starts at 2 pm...That's not right is it ?...The girls game would have to start at 12 or 12:30 ?...

Union City currently stands at 16-2 overall and 7-0 in district play...