The Favorite in 1A

RegisP90X

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Don't overlook the Tigers Of Mt. Pleasant or Columbia Aca to take the East this year. Both teams in the new region 4. both teams historically have competed in the West bracket. Mtp dropping to A from AA. Both teams have to replace some great athletes from graduation but they usually do.

This is an understatement. I know CA lost quite a bit of talent but they retain alot of good players also. And MtP are always good. Used to have the unfortunate luxury of trying to tackle Marco Dailey...Man that dude was something special his Jr n Sr yrs!

South Pittsburg's current status offers them some freedom in a sense.  Grider's return is fantastic, but most of the football world won't be expecting much from us, so we've got nowhere to go but up.  We're free to try new tactics which might take some by surprise.  I think it'll be a fun year.  As far as who will lead 1A........ain't no telling right now.

South Pittsburg's current status offers them some freedom in a sense.  Grider's return is fantastic, but most of the football world won't be expecting much from us, so we've got nowhere to go but up.  We're free to try new tactics which might take some by surprise.  I think it'll be a fun year.  As far as who will lead 1A........ain't no telling right now.

D60 are you joking? Grider had already made me real mad by not getting our boys a practice game for spring training. Griders not going to do any new plays. He want even throw a hail marry. His offense is about like watching paint dry. You think im joking but im not.

D60 are you joking? Grider had already made me real mad by not getting our boys a practice game for spring training. Griders not going to do any new plays. He want even throw a hail marry. His offense is about like watching paint dry. You think im joking but im not.

was it ever his offense or did he just call the plays told to him through that durn headset

With Glenn Hicks as our boys basketball coach (the Times just posted it on their website) we just moved a notch up the totem pole.  As a friend of mine put it...basketball at SPHS will no longer be just an afterthought, and its importance will spread over to football making both programs better.

With Glenn Hicks as our boys basketball coach (the Times just posted it on their website) we just moved a notch up the totem pole. As a friend of mine put it...basketball at SPHS will no longer be just an afterthought, and its importance will spread over to football making both programs better.

You are right about that D60.

With Glenn Hicks as our boys basketball coach (the Times just posted it on their website) we just moved a notch up the totem pole. As a friend of mine put it...basketball at SPHS will no longer be just an afterthought, and its importance will spread over to football making both programs better.

winning is contagious. Kids try harder at everything including academics when they win in sports. Also at life. Sports for some is a starting point to positivity, especially in small towns like ours.

Guest hevyrevy1611

With the new shuffling, and several old 2A teams now 1A, and where they landed in these new regions, I can see whatever team wins the West (Regions 5-8) running table on top East team for a long time (Regions 1-4). The power region from West looks to be Region 7, too bad we have to eliminate each other in playoffs. Whoever our bracket champ plays from region 5 vs 6 games will probably have best two teams in state playing the semi's. The final game will likely be a running clock game for West team. BUT, on any given day any team can win. And the better team can (and does) come up short on scoreboard. So line up, play ball, we'll see! And yeah, to educatedly guess and name the #1 team for this year, I'll of course say Dresden Lions will win our first Gold Ball... (but not last either).