The Favorite in 1A

RegisP90X

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenback will be loaded and will bring the Gold Trophy home to East Tennessee

I will take you up on your prediction. Greenback is one of the teams that could make it, but I see no way they can compete with Nashville Christian School, Trenton Peabody, or any other team that comes out of the west. The Marion County team last season didn't even compete with Peabody in the finals and Greenback in no form or fashion will be as good as even a better than average Marion County team was in 2014. I would love to see someone from the east win it all, but I'm telling you it won't happen in 2015.

Greenback will be loaded and will bring the Gold Trophy home to East Tennessee

Be careful about putting the cart before the horse; when it comes to Greenback, we have heard this statement before. Of course, we have had a couple transfers come in since last season(what school hasn't at sometime or another)...and with one of them being thrown around quite often.

It's going to be a long road...since we will be part of one of the toughest(I think) regions in 1A, with our arch nemesis '14 runner-up Coalfield and Oneida. Throw in a non-region schedule that includes Gatlinburg-Pittman, Loudon(undefeated until losing to Fulton in playoffs last season), Sequoyah and Kingston.

The first three games with Loudon, Gatlinburg-Pittman and Oneida could very well foretell how the rest of the season goes...We could very well be playing for nothing less than a silver ball come December, but I would have to see it to believe it...first we have to get past the QUARTERFINALS!!!

Be careful about putting the cart before the horse; when it comes to Greenback, we have heard this statement before. Of course, we have had a couple transfers come in since last season(what school hasn't at sometime or another)...and with one of them being thrown around quite often.

It's going to be a long road...since we will be part of one of the toughest(I think) regions in 1A, with our arch nemesis '14 runner-up Coalfield and Oneida. Throw in a non-region schedule that includes Gatlinburg-Pittman, Loudon(undefeated until losing to Fulton in playoffs last season), Sequoyah and Kingston.

The first three games with Loudon, Gatlinburg-Pittman and Oneida could very well foretell how the rest of the season goes...We could very well be playing for nothing less than a silver ball come December, but I would have to see it to believe it...first we have to get past the QUARTERFINALS!!!

See:

Union City

Peabody

Nashville Christian

Those 3 will be Powerhouses in 1A this yr and IMO destroy any team to come out of the East.

I will take you up on your prediction. Greenback is one of the teams that could make it, but I see no way they can compete with Nashville Christian School, Trenton Peabody, or any other team that comes out of the west. The Marion County team last season didn't even compete with Peabody in the finals and Greenback in no form or fashion will be as good as even a better than average Marion County team was in 2014. I would love to see someone from the east win it all, but I'm telling you it won't happen in 2015.

I agree.I also understand that "Anything can happen",but we have to be realistic,Trenton and Nashville Christian could win 2A and compete in the 3A class.GB will be a good 1A team and are very capable of representing but thats all we will do is represent(if we make it).The West has whipped the East the past few games and last yr if UC doesnt shoot themselves in the foot the first half,it would have been a much worse outcome and we lost to that Coalfield team that got trounced by UC!These West teams this yr should be better than that UC team last yr.The East will be as competitive as it ever has but the West will hold the Gold!IMO.

As i said i have no clue about the WB kids if they played varsity at WB last yr they still have to move to Loudon county(they may have changed the rule also and may accept out of county kids now).People get the "open county" thing a little turned around,if the kid came to GB from a Loudon county school from Eighth grade and has no high school athletic record then they can go to whatever county school they chose but in the Catholic kids instance he lives in Loudon and played a CHS,then transfers to GB or Loudon he has an athletic record and has to make a ligitimate change of address to where a GB bus runs near the residence or he will be ineligible unless there is something else like a hardship or something involved.I just hope it gets straightned out in the offseason before games start.That kid is one heck of a football player we can use him thats a fact!

Recruiting at GB? Transfers coming in from all over the land??? GEEZ! Why couldn't this have happened a few years ago in District 3???? We could've had some fun with that.

Recruiting at GB? Transfers coming in from all over the land??? GEEZ! Why couldn't this have happened a few years ago in District 3???? We could've had some fun with that.

Reckon who got the most this season,  you fellers or Greenback. Greenback just may have the edge.