East TN Coaching Changes

SGHSAlum93

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing a lot of talk about Rosser and OR. No disrespect Wildcats, but Rosser isn't going anywhere. He's very happy at Central and we love him. He's a great coach and an even better man and teacher. Mark it down, Central will make a state title run soon with him at the helm.

I think you're right about them making a state title run. He has really turned that program around. If we did make a run at him whenever Gaddis retires (whenever that will be) would he be able to turn down the cash? I would think the OR job would pay a lot more than Central? And no disrespect to Central, but I would also think OR is a better school system to teach in, but who knows? I'm happy for him and for the Bobcats either way if he does stay there.

West loses to Gibbs, and doesn't make the playoffs for the first time in a long time. Does the West community want a change? Or is was this just a lack of talent at west?

Did you watch the game? At the end with 40 seconds left west was on like the 25-30 going in with 25 seconds on the clock and harig left a timeout on the field. The players did not know what was going on at all. It was pitiful.

Agreed. I know people do not like to hear the truth but if a coaching staff takes a team to back to back state title appearances and you lose the head coach, you hire from inside the coaching staff. Harig is a great guy, but the offense cannot score points. Cummings took the veer with him. But, there are coaches/coach on that staff that can operate the veer just as well. If it is not broke don't fix it. It is very heart aching to see a program you help build to not give it's all anymore.

A head scratcher for sure at West. That program should field quality teams year in and year out.