Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

I see from the article that the rumor we talked about a few weeks ago (Whitehaven vs Lausanne) turned out to be true! I look forward to that game, should be a good one! Any idea when/where it will be?

As far as the topic at hand, like someone said earlier, most successful programs have trouble finding games. I've heard Lausanne is still looking for a couple more games as well (can they play Whitehaven twice in one year? Lol) and they can't even pay some of the Memphis City schools to play. I won't pretend to know what sort of talk (if any) has occurred with BA or MBA, but I do doubt that either side is running from the challenge. I would imagine something to the effect of not needing to fill the same weeks or something like that.

Whitehaven vs Lausanne is now a reality. Your source was right.

I don't think that MBA or BA is scared to play us ... AT THEIR PLACE. The question with them becomes, will they return the favor and come to Whitehaven to play the next season? Home and Home contracts. Do you think they are willing to do that?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work:

There were some BA folk who came into a thread and swore up and down that their coaches called Whitehaven and asked for a game and we refused. I don't know about that. If you read the coach's comments he said ... "It's football, let's play!" Does that sound like somebody trying to duck a team?

I'm not going to elaborate on here ... but there is another factor that is come into play. I'll put it like this. We can get a game with BA, or CBHS, or any other large private school. The problem with that is this ... THEY AREN'T WILLING to come to Whitehaven the next season. Why on earth does Whitehaven always have to come to the other team's field? Why can't they return the favor?

Because it's Memphis. 

Whitehaven vs Lausanne is now a reality. Your source was right.

I don't think that MBA or BA is scared to play us ... AT THEIR PLACE. The question with them becomes, will they return the favor and come to Whitehaven to play the next season? Home and Home contracts. Do you think they are willing to do that?

Again, I have nobody close to either of those programs so this is strictly my personal opinion. But do think they'd be willing to do home and home. They've shown that willingness to travel for quality competition by going out of state the past few years. Have you spoken with the coaching staff about whether or not they have reached out to them?

Again, I have nobody close to either of those programs so this is strictly my personal opinion. But do think they'd be willing to do home and home. They've shown that willingness to travel for quality competition by going out of state the past few years. Have you spoken with the coaching staff about whether or not they have reached out to them?

What makes BA or MBA any different from CBHS, Briarcrest or MUS? The latter are in our city and haven't made the game... That alone, to me, shows the willingness of a BA or MBA to do the same LOL

What makes BA or MBA any different from CBHS, Briarcrest or MUS? The latter are in our city and haven't made the game... That alone, to me, shows the willingness of a BA or MBA to do the same LOL

I get what you're saying, but realize those programs (outside of MUS) are on different levels. Think of it like how Alabama is different from Kentucky even though they are in the same conference. Can't really compare those different programs.

I get what you're saying, but realize those programs (outside of MUS) are on different levels. Think of it like how Alabama is different from Kentucky even though they are in the same conference. Can't really compare those different programs.

realize those programs (outside of MUS) are on different levels. 

Here is where you're giving the Nashville "Large" Private schools too much credit

Here's my last thing then I'm out. If you are having a hard enough time finding a game that it's news worthy, then you take what you can get. If you have to travel both years you travel, if you have to play similar teams as you already have then you do that, if you have to play teams away then a neutral site you do it or you stop complaining about not being able to fill your schedule.

I understand the complaints and I get it. Everybody wants home games, everybody wants to schedule good teams that present different challenges, everybody wants the schedule to work out with the open weeks etc. But if it don't work out take what you can get.

Again I'd love to see whitehaven against PC, BA, MBA, etc. Have it at the hole or vandy and sell it out. Hope it works out. It usually does. Others have the same issue and most of the time end up with ten games.

realize those programs (outside of MUS) are on different levels.

Here is where you're giving the Nashville "Large" Private schools too much credit

I would say you don't give them enough credit. Why do you say they are scared or won't do home and home? Can you confirm that Whitehaven reached out and they said no? If so then I'll agree with you but until then I think you severely underestimate them. I've already said how they are different than programs in Memphis but you just blow that off.

Here's my last thing then I'm out. If you are having a hard enough time finding a game that it's news worthy, then you take what you can get. If you have to travel both years you travel, if you have to play similar teams as you already have then you do that, if you have to play teams away then a neutral site you do it or you stop complaining about not being able to fill your schedule.

I understand the complaints and I get it. Everybody wants home games, everybody wants to schedule good teams that present different challenges, everybody wants the schedule to work out with the open weeks etc. But if it don't work out take what you can get.

Again I'd love to see whitehaven against PC, BA, MBA, etc. Have it at the hole or vandy and sell it out. Hope it works out. It usually does. Others have the same issue and most of the time end up with ten games.

Yeah, you saying the 6A champs should be willing to bend to the will of others like we not in a position of power. Kinda like saying Mayweather should get paid the same amount of money to beat up a guy like Connor McGregor for a prize fight...

I would say you don't give them enough credit. Why do you say they are scared or won't do home and home? Can you confirm that Whitehaven reached out and they said no? If so then I'll agree with you but until then I think you severely underestimate them. I've already said how they are different than programs in Memphis but you just blow that off.

The Coaches and ADs are proving my point... I'm sure the student - athletes aren't scared.

First let me say this ... these are 'our' opinions ... not the coach's. 2nd, Let me say, if you read the coach's comments you will remember that he said that he would even do a double header. Two games in the same week if need be. So, if it is a neutral site type thing, then so be it. But ... why a neutral site when both schools have facilities that can handle the crowds. I've never understood that one. However, I have my own reasons for believing that's not the issue either. Why come to Nashville and NOT play at their house and return the favor the next season at our house. 

I'm sure the coach will find two games. We aren't the first to have scheduling woes.