Top teams in A

tonym3143

On 11/16/2017 at 8:25 AM, mrbigster said:

If they can stay focused and coach not let them lose control. Saw them in Dyersburg against Gibson Co and center from Gibson Co pushed I think #43 in the back and he turned and pushed guy in the chest. Tech called on him.Coach started screaming that guy pushed him first. That yall, talking about officials should have seen that..Got heated.Then he slammed one,held onto the rim and taunted a player. Then another hard foul on another player later going to the basket. Coach putting his finger in his players face hollering at him .Then the big guy was go down the floor clapping in a taunting form every time a call made against Humboldt. College coaches wouldn't touch him with his actions Sat.Going to eventually be trouble if the coach lets him keep playing that way .No doubt he is talented.But big crowd,close contested game,could lead to trouble.

Humboldt holds on to beat Whitestation 69-67, missed to many free throws but got win against a good 3A school!

5 hours ago, HoopsTN1 said:

Why isnt anyone talking about Trenton? I think they're up there with everyone else right now. Have everybody back with a shooter, PG, and a big. They could make noise too.

Trenton will be good this year but they lost to Union City last week in a close game at Union City. I don't know if they have a bench,  I think they lost a starter or two (2) but still have the big man. I think it will be Humboldt, Middleton, trinity Christian or Trenton finishing 1, 2, 3 or 4  not in any order in district 14A. Union city will probably win district 13A since the district is not that strong. Humboldt has the depth, size but still need to identify a starting five (5) with good chemistry. The guards are getting better every game but still need to cut down on the silly mistakes and improve on their free throws. Coach Abernathy has the Vikings playing a lot of bigger schools, Vikings beat 3A White station & played in a tournament in Arkansas against 6A schools & will play in another tournament in Missouri against bigger schools. I said, " Humboldt will have about eight (8) losses this year due to a tougher schedule this year".

Just now, 87vikingalumni said:

Trenton will be good this year but they lost to Union City last week in a close game at Union City. I don't know if they have a bench,  I think they lost a starter or two (2) but still have the big man. I think it will be Humboldt, Middleton, trinity Christian or Trenton finishing 1, 2, 3 or 4  not in any order in district 14A. Union city will probably win district 13A since the district is not that strong. Humboldt has the depth, size but still need to identify a starting five (5) with good chemistry. The guards are getting better every game but still need to cut down on the silly mistakes and improve on their free throws. Coach Abernathy has the Vikings playing a lot of bigger schools, Vikings beat 3A White station & played in a tournament in Arkansas against 6A schools & will play in another tournament in Missouri against bigger schools. I said, " Humboldt will have about eight (8) losses this year due to a tougher schedule this year".

Trenton didn't lose a single player honestly. I saw them play my Dyersburg Trojans and every one of those kids are back. Yes, they are only 6 deep, but those 6 are pretty good. I just think they are right there with Humboldt and Middleton with TCA a good pace behind those three. Thats just me though..

1 hour ago, HoopsTN1 said:

Trenton didn't lose a single player honestly. I saw them play my Dyersburg Trojans and every one of those kids are back. Yes, they are only 6 deep, but those 6 are pretty good. I just think they are right there with Humboldt and Middleton with TCA a good pace behind those three. Thats just me though..

yes, I agree. Humboldt plays pressure man defense &  full court press the entire game so they will need some depth to be able to play four (4) quarters in my opinion.

Yes, Union City will win District 13 hands down. Lake Co has talent but the transfers from Westview make UC a very good team. Plus,Lake Co  new coach looked like a chicken running around with his head cut off .Putting different kids in after only 45 seconds at times and playing about 14 players, some not ready for UC.Playing a bigger center against them and UC just quicker.Ive been around a long time and believe it or not,know the game pretty well.but I think  a terrible move to put his best shooter ,Jeremiah Polk guarding McMillian on defense and wearing him out.I'd never put my best shooter on the other teams best and quickest player.Has a player like Matheny that could play defense..At times,had 2 centers weighing over 250 lbs in the game with subs about 230 lbs.May work in football but not in basketball unless they were big and quick.Too slow to play against elite teams.Several people in the stands were yelling last night to get rid of him,,lol..Where's Kody Howard?

Edited by mrbigster

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Yes, Union City will win District 13 hands down. Lake Co has talent but the transfers from Westview make UC a very good team. Plus,Lake Co  new coach looked like a chicken running around with his head cut off .Putting different kids in after only 45 seconds at times and playing about 14 players, some not ready for UC.Playing a bigger center against them and UC just quicker.Ive been around a long time and believe it or not,know the game pretty well.but I think  a terrible move to put his best shooter ,Jeremiah Polk guarding McMillian on defense and wearing him out.I'd never put my best shooter on the other teams best and quickest player.Has a player like Matheny that could play defense..At times,had 2 centers weighing over 250 lbs in the game with subs about 230 lbs.May work in football but not in basketball unless they were big and quick.Too slow to play against elite teams.Several people in the stands were yelling last night to get rid of him,,lol..Where's Kody Howard?

I have heard the LC coach doesn't really know what he is doing, but LC gets what they deserve. Ran your last coach out of town, and I am glad to have him back in Dyersburg!

2 hours ago, HoopsTN1 said:

I have heard the LC coach doesn't really know what he is doing, but LC gets what they deserve. Ran your last coach out of town, and I am glad to have him back in Dyersburg!

I wasn't impressed .Putting  players in for less than a minute without them having time to do anything, good or bad.UC would press and several times they double teamed and trapped  a player in the backcourt and would lose the ball or throw a bad pass.Or get caught with a double team in the corner.Players have to see that coming and get rid of the ball.Not very good from what I saw.He has good talent although young.I believe LC should stay closer than 20 points against most anyone they play. At least around 10 or close from UC if he played the right players and they hustle. And I know people are going to say its easy from the stands, .I  know I could do better with the team he has from what I saw last night. Maybe they need to let me be one of those that they can help out and grandfather in ,non paid help..lol I'm always at all the games anyway. I can tell if we can match up man to man or go to a zone. and who the other teams shooters are and rebounders .Usually in Single A its one stud and the rest .Occassionally  a couple to 3.Usually some type of dropoff. Double A maybe 2 or 3 studs.Triple a maybe 3 or 4.Unless like Memphis Eat with transfers coming in from everyone because of Penny etc..Or new LC coach can just look at me in the stands and I can help it out more than he would ever know..Doesnt take but about a minute to see the range in which McMillian can shoot.lol

Edited by mrbigster

13 hours ago, mrbigster said:

You are correct,  Union City is way ahead of the other teams in our side of the district.  As for the McMillian kid(s), the are a asset to our team for sure.  Union City was going to be good anyway but they have added a lot.  Now with football over, our 6'5" freshman kid ( Brown ) is going to be a impact player.  Union City is loaded with shooters.  They have 6 who can scorch the three point shot.  Someone will be hot each game.  I hate they split the district like they did but oh well.  The lake county coach needs to be coaching little falcon ball.  he doesn't have control of his team either.  #12 can play but likes everyone to see him.  He has attitude problem for sure and coach not helping things there.  Lake County girls were undefeated until they played U C.  U C is very young but have played the best already...was only down to the strong Westview 10 at halftime but lost by 40...lol.  You play for experience and play up in preseason games, not for wins but for experience to get you ready for the regular season and tournaments.  Union City is never scared to play up and have to  compete sometimes.  There are some ;local schools who play down for wins because they know come regular season time they can't win in district so they pad the schedule.  U C should be good and go fairly deep into the playoff rounds, how far is unknown.  U C can play 11 deep, boys.  I have to agree, need to get a different set of coaches for any development for the basketball programs.