Who Can Play with Alcoa in 3A

logcabinman

Play it in Blount Co. one year and Nashville the next. Do it on Friday/Saturday nights or Saturday afternoon/night. Neyland's not an option so we'd have to play it at the schools here, but maybe in Nashville play it at Vandy if possible.

Man......I may work on this myself. :flower:

Of course then follow it up in week 1 with the Maryville/Alcoa game.

Now here's an idea that I can sink my teeth into :thumb:

Play it in Blount Co. one year and Nashville the next. Do it on Friday/Saturday nights or Saturday afternoon/night. Neyland's not an option so we'd have to play it at the schools here, but maybe in Nashville play it at Vandy if possible.

Man......I may work on this myself. :flower:

Of course then follow it up in week 1 with the Maryville/Alcoa game.

That would be pretty sweet!

How about the DII schools see what they really got and come to Blount County! :thumb:

Why do that? They can play the number one team in the country at their place. MUS has the money to compete nationally and will compete nationally for years to come. No point in driving across the state to play Alcoa when they can drive an hour to play the number one team in the country. MUS gets to play some games on regional and national TV too. Wouldn't get to do that against east Tennessee teams most likely. Clearly MUS isn't afraid to play Alcoa. It's just a logistical matter. MUS gets NOTHING by pounding Alcoa. However, if MUS beats South Panola, then its all the rage and they elevate the bar once again.

Why do that? They can play the number one team in the country at their place. MUS has the money to compete nationally and will compete nationally for years to come. No point in driving across the state to play Alcoa when they can drive an hour to play the number one team in the country. MUS gets to play some games on regional and national TV too. Wouldn't get to do that against east Tennessee teams most likely. Clearly MUS isn't afraid to play Alcoa. It's just a logistical matter. MUS gets NOTHING by pounding Alcoa. However, if MUS beats South Panola, then its all the rage and they elevate the bar once again.

DREAM ON MARUAKA! I would love to see Alcoa spank MUS like they did Brentwood in 89. However, its not going to happen. So you can keep your head in the clouds and keep on thinking that MUS would pound Alcoa. Think Ill be pulling for MUS to get it handed to them by someone this year so we can all hear the excuses.

BTW- Alcoa is currently ranked #87 in the nation on Rivals High Top 100. Don't see MUS listed. MUS isn't even #1 in their division.

Edited by F5seekshelter

That's because (we) Alcoa and Maryville fans are not on here jawing about national dominance. However, I see that this subject is not going to be put to bed anytime soon especially as long as AHS and MHS continue to produce powerful (TN) football teams.

There are many factors (too many for this board)that make it difficult for these two public high schools to play out of state competition year in and year out. Maryville might be in a better position financially than Alcoa, but the truth is that it takes more than just $$$ to make it happen. There has to be people in place who are dedicated in making it happen, in other words it's a business in and of itself. In addition there has to be coordination and collaboration on several different levels not just locally with these teams, but also accross the state of TN. Boosters, Alums, TSSAA, and other supporters have to come to the table also UT has to step up their in-state recruiting (sore subject here).

Anyway I have been in conversation with some of my colleagues who are former college and NFL players as well as business persons about what can be done to increase the national exposure and reputation of TN high school football and they all agree that it will take a real coordinated effort. It's a process!! With that said they have agreed to join me in helping those who want to go to college and play ball (DIII-DI) do so. I will be making the trip this weekend to see the 2010 version of the F5 :thumb:

Believe it or not, it's not as hard as it seems as all it takes is a good athletic director and a willingness by the school administration and coaching staff to play in this type of event. The biggest stumbling blocks are ironing out any schedule commitments, and logistics of the trip. Herbstreit organizers are paying schools big money to offset these costs, so the biggest obstacle is "is everyone being on the same page and committed to making this type of trip?". Glenville vs Dwyer Fla

You are correct in that increasing exposure is a "process". But it is just as much about the philosiphy of not only TSSAA, but coaches, administrations and communities. The biggest problem is the current playoff format and the fact that only district games count towards playoff seeding. It is beyond broken. Twenty seven teams with losing records, one-fourth of the field at .500 or worse isn't competitive, and there are too many divisions. To start, every game should count, and it should matter who you play to a degree. The playoffs in Ohio are considered by more than one "expert" as the most competitive in the nation, and for good reason. It's the format(along with a tradition of great coaching). Ohio format

This ensures that every team has earned their way into the playoffs. You get rid of home field advantage after the 1st round, and play on a nuetral field as centrally located between the schools as possible. Everyone travels, and everyone loves it. Schools put in bids to host playoff games, and if they meet certain criteria(capacity, parking, facilities handicap accesible, etc)they are eligible to host if they happen to become located between two participants. They also recieve a share of the gate for their costs involved. Ohio has had FOUR teams in the playoffs with a losing record over the last 10 years. This forces you to play better competition to a degree in order to make the top 8 in your region, and produces many more matchups between quality teams during the season, and provides incentive to schedule these teams to get better as a program. The result is you are improving the level of play in all divisions, which will take care of the recognition part.

DREAM ON MARUAKA! I would love to see Alcoa spank MUS like they did Brentwood in 89. However, its not going to happen. So you can keep your head in the clouds and keep on thinking that MUS would pound Alcoa. Think Ill be pulling for MUS to get it handed to them by someone this year so we can all hear the excuses.

BTW- Alcoa is currently ranked #87 in the nation on Rivals High Top 100. Don't see MUS listed. MUS isn't even #1 in their division.

:roflol: :roflol: monkey love futball :thumb:

:roflol: :roflol: monkey love futball :thumb:

Y'all are probably the same people who thought Alcoa was the best team in the state last year... Until y'all get out of state (and I'm not talking Kentucky), you won't have DII teams' respect. Plain and simple. Who cares about budget? Other public schools travel long distances. And since you love Alcoa football soooo much. Fork up some money and start playing some people. Put your streak in danger.

This is who Alcoa needs to play....

This is Ohio's version of Alcoa with a much much tougher schedule every year. They are DIII and some yrs Div IV, and year in, year out play not just DivI and II schools, but powers, and dominate. In '07, playing in Division IV, they started out ranked #15 in the nation, beat the DivI runner-up Mentor(who ended up 11-3)before taking on Pa's big school runner-up in the Herbie. Take note of the statement made by Gateway's coach. Words he ends up eating.... Mooney vs Gateway Ended up losing title game on missed xpoint, in what is referred to as one of the biggest upsets in Ohio playoff history. Mooney/Coldwater

One of the most physical teams in Ohio yearly....

This is a smaller(250 boys) school that will play anybody. They are essentially a mirror image of Alcoa, with the exception that they play much better competition overall. Regular season and playoffs. Some people might not agree with the last statement, but we all know how pathetic the TN playoffs have become, and there is a reason why you don't see teams in Ohio winning 6 straight titles, or 74 straight. So Tornado/Rebel fans, get on the line and contact the folks at the Herbie, and ask them to get your team "on the stage". It would be great to see how they stack up with the teams who are playing these games. My link

So what 5A/6A program do you represent?

Edited by scots50

Until y'all get out of state (and I'm not talking Kentucky), you won't have DII teams' respect.

If you don't respect Alcoa, why are you so threatened by them? Get off their thread and go to someone's thread that you do respect. Alcoa doesn't have anything to prove to anyone...They are champions!