Oak Ridge

gridiron13

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking about Joe Gaddis and the reason that he isnt the best selection is that he was run out of town when he left before. He didn't leave somewhere that he was winning 85% of his games for the heck of it. He was told he had to leave so why now would they want to bring him back? I jus dont want the hire to be someone that they hire because certain people in town would be very happy about the selection. I want them to hire the guy that will keep Oak Ridge one of the top 2 or 3 programs in the state

You are talking about Joe Gaddis and the reason that he isnt the best selection is that he was run out of town when he left before.  He didn't leave somewhere that he was winning 85% of his games for the heck of it.  He was told he had to leave so why now would they want to bring him back?  I jus dont want the hire to be someone that they hire because certain people in town would be very happy about the selection.  I want them to hire the guy that will keep Oak Ridge one of the top 2 or 3 programs in the state

825637075[/snapback]

Cats14, I would rather be in the best #1 in the State instead of in the top 2 or 3, and if I remember right he was the last coach to attain that #1 status for the Cats. Also you really should not give a reason for a coach leaving when you obivously no not of what you speak.

I do not think they have given him an interview as of yet. I could be wrong.

825636774[/snapback]

Tnbreakers, I saw in the paper a few weeks back that the coach at Riverdale had said that he would be interested in the job if someone contacted him. My question for you is this why would someone from the OR administration not contact a coach of his caliber, do they not have phones in OR, I know his number is listed. If I were in the position to make a hire like that I would not be doing my job if I let someone like that coach get away knowing he had an interest. He is regarded as the best coach in the state by many, but I guess not by the people in power at OR. What is OR'S record against him? Just curious. I don't think it is very good but I am not sure what it is. To me you go after the best coach out there even if you have to call him. I hope we have an aggressive search when Coach Helton retires, which I hope is not in the near future. Central Bobcat

I hope we have an aggressive search when Coach Helton retires, which I hope is not in the near future. Central Bobcat

825637134[/snapback]

get ready for that aggressive search after the 2005 season because that will be coach helton's last season in charge of the bobcats

CentralBobcat,

I hear you, but who knows why people make the choices they make. As far as a former coach being asked to leave, I couldn't comment on that. I just hope they get the best. The definition of "best" means different things to different people, but I guess if a particular coach lets you play, then your parents think he is the right guy for the job!! Best of luck to whoever they choose.

get ready for that aggressive search after the 2005 season because that will be coach helton's last season in charge of the bobcats

825637210[/snapback]

Where did you get your information from? I don't think that will happen! If he does retire after next season, will Coach Mac get that job?

Cats14, I would rather be in the best #1 in the State instead of in the top 2 or 3, and if I remember right he was the last coach to attain that #1 status for the Cats. Also you really should not give a reason for a coach leaving when you obivously no not of what you speak.

825637119[/snapback]

First off Catsractch, are you sure Cats14 does not know why Coach Gaddis was asked to leave? If so, then you obviously do know why he was asked to leave. Why not share with the rest of us?

Second, is it true you would want Coach Gaddis back? I am not sure why, please explain.

Was he a great coach? Absolutely. Does he deserve a second chance? Everyone does, but not here. When you have (in my opinion) the best coaching job in the state, you make sure you do NOTHING to jeopardize that.

oak ridge tradition+talent+pride+ a coach like Stanton Stevens. If not for courtesy sake, why even interview anyone else? If Oak Ridge has a chance to get this guy, they better take it. Hard to believe, but I hear that O.Ridge has several athletes roaming the halls that do not play football. A young, smart, energetic person like Stevens would have that long line of players coming off that hill during the opening kickoff. Did Lussier take any coaches with him? Will the new coach have the chance to bring some staff? Good luck in the search.

Was he a great coach? Absolutely. Does he deserve a second chance? Everyone does, but not here. When you have (in my opinion) the best coaching job in the state, you make sure you do NOTHING to jeopardize that.

825637600[/snapback]

I have sat by watching these posts for some time, and I must respond to a few. First, Brother of "Big Ty", Coach Gaddis is a phenomenal coach. If he applied, he was without a doubt the best football coach that applied. Ask any player that played for him. Your interest is obviously not what is best for the program. You want what is best for the next year. We need what is best for the program. Nobody can bring excitement like Coach Gaddis.

And so you'll know, he was not "asked" to leave. He left on his own accord to pursue another job. So, you too should know the facts before you speak. It is a shame that a bunch of gossip, jealous people, and bitter and jealous assitant coaches and cookers have started things and people take them at face value. So, I guess it's not your fault, but know the facts. He is awesome. You would love him, and so would everyone else on the team.

Bounder has been making comments as well. The only person that cared what Bounder thought left for Nashville. He needs to go there on Friday nights to watch games.

Hopefully we will make the right hire. If he is the best for the future, he'll be the best for next year. We need a PROVEN head coach. Oak Ridge is not a training ground or trial ground for people that want to be head coaches. Previous head coaching experience should be in the job description.

Edited by catscratch