How Good will Jeff County be this year?

ScoutOne4U

It takes a real man like you to dog a coach anonymously on a forum. You don't like what Marty does, go talk to him face to face. Be a MAN.

825703629[/snapback]

I think you over react to 2 or 3 guys that bash Coach U. Did EVERYBODY love Coach U at Oakland? I doubt it. He does have some fans at JC.

It appears that you mean well but when you come here and rant on, it just fuels the platform that these 2 or 3 guys have.....it becomes the dominant topic. Since you have consistently defended Coach U (admirable) we all know how you feel, try something new and then your friend will be better off.

It does appear that we are going thru a transition with him as a coach.

Any good leader recoginizes that sometimes you have to modify your style or communicate better in order to sell the masses on your vision. I have heard that he can be a little stubborn and prideful in how he communicates. Humility goes a long way in building rapport. People don't care how much you know until they they know how much you care. thumb

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you over react to 2 or 3 guys that bash Coach U.  Did EVERYBODY love Coach U at Oakland?  I doubt it.  He does have some fans at JC.

It appears that you mean well but when you come here and rant on, it just fuels the platform that these 2 or 3 guys have.....it becomes the dominant topic.  Since you have consistently defended Coach U (admirable) we all know how you feel, try something new and then your friend will be better off.

It does appear that we are going thru a transition with him as a coach.

Any good leader recoginizes that sometimes you have to modify your style or communicate better in order to sell the masses on  your vision.  I have heard that he can be a little stubborn and prideful in how he communicates.  Humility goes a long way in building rapport.  People don't care how much you know until they they know how much you care. thumb

825703645[/snapback]

Good comments!! Two things: Coach U does care about players, but only those who follow HIS program lock, stock, and barrell. If a kid has conflicts with work-outs (legit, not laziness) there is no compromise. He has forced good kids to make tough decisions and to choose other obligations over football because there is no room for negotiation. He does not talk to parents even when parents try to talk to him; he simply takes a hard line, sticks to it and it's "my way or the highway." I do not believe one player who has left the team has received so much as a phone call to see what the problem is or if something was wrong. For a professed Christian he has way too much pride and pride comes before a fall. Second, dedictaion to a program and dedication to the game are two different things. Most of the kids who have left still love football and would be playing football today if the program installed at Jeff County were different. Coach U's program places him at the top as the umquestioned authority. He simply believes that the program is more important than the individual kids. Programs, good ones, have flexibility to adjust to differing situations and differing kids. Coach U's program is inflexible and cannot meet the needs of kids who play several sports or who have mutiple family obligations. Combine that inflexibility with Coach U's inabilty to communicate in a way that makes the individual feel valued and appreciated and you have what Jeff County has today.

Read....dufus.....I never sent any letter to a principal.  ( you called me a hall monitor...so I simply played along with your lil slam.) I simply asked a CoachT  moderator to lock the old Jeff cty thread b/c it was getting way too personal and out of line.  Guess what, I wasn't the only person to report it. He instead DELETED the whole thing b/c he thought it was worse than I did. And if you read the GUIDELINES, you will see that it says that if you keep breaking the rules or step over the line...you will be REMOVED or suspended from the T. So you better follow the rules and READ them. CoachT is a COACH and he doesn't like to see coaches BASHED. And this is HIS forum, which means he is the boss.

And guess what...I pay FEDERAL taxes....so I can talk about any area in the US that I desire as long as I stay within the CoachT guidelines. And I don't care what YOU say about it. I suggest you listen to your wise father and do some serious growing up. I may defend whomever I please. It takes a real man like you to dog a coach anonymously on a forum. You don't like what Marty does, go talk to him face to face. Be a MAN.

And finally.......learn the difference between the correct usage of the word "principal."

825703629[/snapback]

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Good comments!!  Two things:  Coach U does care about players, but only those who follow HIS program lock, stock, and barrell.  If a kid has conflicts with work-outs (legit, not laziness) there is no compromise.  He has forced good kids to make tough decisions and to choose other obligations over football because there is no room for negotiation.  He does not talk to parents even when parents try to talk to him; he simply takes a hard line, sticks to it and it's "my way or the highway."  I do not believe one player who has left the team has received so much as a phone call to see what the problem is or if something was wrong.  For a professed Christian he has way too much pride and pride comes before a fall.  Second, dedictaion to a program and dedication to the game are two different things.  Most of the kids who have left still love football and would be playing football today if the program installed at Jeff County were different.  Coach U's program places him at the top as the umquestioned authority.  He simply believes that the program is more important than the individual kids.  Programs, good ones, have flexibility to adjust to differing situations and differing kids.  Coach U's program is inflexible and cannot meet the needs of kids who play several sports or who have mutiple family obligations.  Combine that inflexibility with Coach U's inabilty to communicate in a way that makes the individual feel valued and appreciated and you have what Jeff County has today.

825703662[/snapback]

Very Very well said. Its H.S. football sometimes coaches need reminding of that, you have to be flexible treat each situation on an individual basis not a certain streamline

Hmmm...all this is...interesting.

Someone asked about JC's numbers...according to the guy who will be covering them for us, they had 29 at last count...not varisty...total.

Out of 2100 students, only 29 football players? What gives?

825703675[/snapback]

If they have less than 60 kids then something is obvoiusly wrong. They have way too many kids in that hallway to not have 60+ players on varsity alone

Hmmm...all this is...interesting.

Someone asked about JC's numbers...according to the guy who will be covering them for us, they had 29 at last count...not varisty...total.

Out of 2100 students, only 29 football players? What gives?

825703675[/snapback]

There are more than 29 guys. The freshmen team has about that many. There are more than that on varsity. There are at least 50 guys still playing for sure. The rumor about 29 was started last week by a few individuals that are not happy with the school's athletic department.

Oh, and Jefferson County has about 2400 students.

Good comments!!  Two things:  Coach U does care about players, but only those who follow HIS program lock, stock, and barrell.  If a kid has conflicts with work-outs (legit, not laziness) there is no compromise.  He has forced good kids to make tough decisions and to choose other obligations over football because there is no room for negotiation.  He does not talk to parents even when parents try to talk to him; he simply takes a hard line, sticks to it and it's "my way or the highway."  I do not believe one player who has left the team has received so much as a phone call to see what the problem is or if something was wrong.  For a professed Christian he has way too much pride and pride comes before a fall.  Second, dedictaion to a program and dedication to the game are two different things.  Most of the kids who have left still love football and would be playing football today if the program installed at Jeff County were different.  Coach U's program places him at the top as the umquestioned authority.  He simply believes that the program is more important than the individual kids.  Programs, good ones, have flexibility to adjust to differing situations and differing kids.  Coach U's program is inflexible and cannot meet the needs of kids who play several sports or who have mutiple family obligations.  Combine that inflexibility with Coach U's inabilty to communicate in a way that makes the individual feel valued and appreciated and you have what Jeff County has today.

Bindsider10- your statement is exactly the situation at JCHS, after watching for over a year, you have sized up the program and the man too a T. Hopefully the administration will take notice. Administration needs to look into the program for all the kids that will be coming into JCHS in the next few years.

825703662[/snapback]

The two threads were combined...only posts were deleted....y'all ALL need to give up on playing hall monitor...stick to football.

Be glad Chris is most likely staying a Pat and support your team...y'all sound like Oak Ridge two months ago or William Blount ANYTIME..

825703693[/snapback]

Yeah, those WB folks have really been on here running their mouths alot lately havn't they?